All new 2018 Raptors on Hold for QC Issue??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
HotLap

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hotlap - when did you first get a status update on your order? I'm new to the process so just wondering. I don't have a VIN yet so assume I have to sit tight until I get a VIN?

jmar311, if you can get your order/dealer# from your dealer I'm pretty sure Ford Performance 800.367.3788 will be able to give you an update. Depending on how long ago your dealer submitted your order it could still be in the "Clean Unscheduled" status meaning it's yet to be picked up by the plant, or if it has been recently "pulled" for build they can generally give you a build week. New orders are picked up by the plants every Thursday and status updated the following Friday/Sat. Generally 10 days to two weeks after it's been pulled they will narrow it down to a specific build date and ETA window to your dealer. If it's still in the "Clean Unscheduled" status see if you can get your dealer to move up your priority. The plant will take lower priority (numbered) orders first (if there aren't any other holds, etc. on the particular order). I've recently heard that there is another "materials hold" on both the Carbon Fiber and bead lock (black) wheels so if you have either of those options you could be in for a long wait and may want to consider forgoing those options so you can get your truck...good luck!

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

Truck is in Missouri and HotLap is in California. :biggrin:

LOL, too true!! Excited, flying out tomorrow early and will be in my new Raptor by 3:00PM (CST)! Spent most of today confirming reservations, etc. Denver, Moab, Monument Valley here I come!!

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

My salesman emailed me a couple of hours ago and mine has arrived and will be ready by lunch time tomorrow.

Nice, local or are you traveling to pick it up?

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jmar311, if you can get your order/dealer# from your dealer I'm pretty sure Ford Performance 800.367.3788 will be able to give you an update. Depending on how long ago your dealer submitted your order it could still be in the "Clean Unscheduled" status meaning it's yet to be picked up by the plant, or if it has been recently "pulled" for build they can generally give you a build week. New orders are picked up by the plants every Thursday and status updated the following Friday/Sat. Generally 10 days to two weeks after it's been pulled they will narrow it down to a specific build date and ETA window to your dealer. If it's still in the "Clean Unscheduled" status see if you can get your dealer to move up your priority. The plant will take lower priority (numbered) orders first (if there aren't any other holds, etc. on the particular order). I've recently heard that there is another "materials hold" on both the Carbon Fiber and bead lock (black) wheels so if you have either of those options you could be in for a long wait and may want to consider forgoing those options so you can get your truck...good luck!

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

LOL, too true!! Excited, flying out tomorrow early and will be in my new Raptor by 3:00PM (CST)! Spent most of today confirming reservations, etc. Denver, Moab, Monument Valley here I come!!

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

Mine is local, about 7 miles away. Picked it up today. Had their custom shop ceramic tint the windows and sun roof. I also put a stubby antenna on it.

BTW, my salesman said the hold is an engine issue, but they don't have a fix yet.

OP
OP
HotLap

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is local, about 7 miles away. Picked it up today. Had their custom shop ceramic tint the windows and sun roof. I also put a stubby antenna on it.

BTW, my salesman said the hold is an engine issue, but they don't have a fix yet.

Interesting, congrats on the new Raptor, pics please :) If/when you hear more about the hold please let us know, enjoy your new "Rig"

POOPonYOU

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Please tell Jim Parisi not to forget about me (John V.) when the order breaks open. I'm so ready!!!

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score

they give you any sort of inclination on what type of "engine issue" ?

Birel22

Reaction score
I have inquired with my salesman and am hoping someone with a connection to the inside can find out what the hold is.... Engine issue is never comforting.