All new 2018 Raptors on Hold for QC Issue??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, my dealer just called with the news that all new Raptor deliveries are on hold due to a QC issue. He is trying to find out what the issue is but no word yet. So mine is in a holding area in St. Luis, and we don't know when Ford will release it for delivery.

Anyone have insight into this?

thx!

Just spoke with Ford Performance, they did confirm there is a hold on new Raptors, however, she said my ETA had not been pushed back which is a good sign since my Truck's status was just updated late yesterday. So it's sitting in St. Louis MO for now. FP asked that I check back with them first thing Monday and they'd have more updates for me.

Please post if you might know what the QC issue is, thx!

Been checking around and all I can find is the Tranny linkage clip recall. I'm thinking that's likely the issue...

Last edited:

POOPonYOU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, my dealer just called with the news that all new Raptor deliveries are on hold due to a QC issue. He is trying to find out what the issue is but no word yet. So mine is in a holding area in St. Luis, and we don't know when Ford will release it for delivery.

Anyone have insight into this?

thx!

Just spoke with Ford Performance, they did confirm there is a hold on new Raptors, however, she said my ETA had not been pushed back which is a good sign since my Truck's status was just updated late yesterday. So it's sitting in St. Louis MO for now. FP asked that I check back with them first thing Monday and they'd have more updates for me.

Please post if you might know what the QC issue is, thx!

Been checking around and all I can find is the Tranny linkage clip recall. I'm thinking that's likely the issue...

DUDE! That totally sucks! I'm glad you didn't fly down there. At least they've caught the QC issue. Hopefully it didn't affect all trucks and your's will arrive at the dealer very soon.

OP
OP
HotLap

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DUDE! That totally sucks! I'm glad you didn't fly down there. At least they've caught the QC issue. Hopefully it didn't affect all trucks and your's will arrive at the dealer very soon.

Thanks, I'm thinking it is the tranny linkage recall and they didn't catch it at the factory (surprised at that) but who knows. My buddy who has a 2018 he picked up in March 2018 got the same recall and said it took 10 minutes for the dealer to inspect. Monday will be the day as I'll have to reschedule flight/hotels/activities across the country if further delayed...fingers crossed for sure!! And I know Ford doesn't want deliveries delayed so I'm sure they are working hard on it!!

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I'm thinking it is the tranny linkage recall and they didn't catch it at the factory (surprised at that) but who knows. My buddy who has a 2018 he picked up in March 2018 got the same recall and said it took 10 minutes for the dealer to inspect. Monday will be the day as I'll have to reschedule flight/hotels/activities across the country if further delayed...fingers crossed for sure!! And I know Ford doesn't want deliveries delayed so I'm sure they are working hard on it!!

I spoke to Ford Performance this morning and they didn't say anything about a hold. Mine just arrived at the rail yard and should be at the dealer by Monday.

Birel22

Reaction score
Any update on this? My truck is scheduled to be at the dealer on June 26.....

OP
OP
HotLap

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spoke to Ford Performance this morning and they didn't say anything about a hold. Mine just arrived at the rail yard and should be at the dealer by Monday.

Great news, hopefully that's a good sign! When I spoke with them (FP) yesterday afternoon, I specifically asked about the hold on all new Raptors and she had to put me on hold and check with someone then came back and confirmed there was a hold, but she didn't have any info on what the hold was for...at this point it will arrive when it arrives ;)

OP
OP
HotLap

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just spoke with FP - the hold has been released and the truck is at my dealership awaiting my arrival! Looks like it was for the Transmission clip recall, but no confirmation of this as of yet.

jmar311

Reaction score
Hotlap - when did you first get a status update on your order? I'm new to the process so just wondering. I don't have a VIN yet so assume I have to sit tight until I get a VIN?

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just spoke with FP - the hold has been released and the truck is at my dealership awaiting my arrival! Looks like it was for the Transmission clip recall, but no confirmation of this as of yet.

My salesman emailed me a couple of hours ago and mine has arrived and will be ready by lunch time tomorrow.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score

And you have not posted pictures yet, a full 24 hours later... why, exactly?

You didn’t really order a Yaris did you? :biggrin: