All about rims

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mark Ducati

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Generally speaking, what's the tread life of the OEM tires? My problem is, I literally put less than 5000 miles a year on my daily driver, crap... its gonna take a few years before I wear out the OEM tires enough to warrant replacement... Is there a market, classified board here, for buying the OEM stock tires? When I bought the Porsche, the first thing I did was put some new 19" Rims and tires on, no problem selling the 18" stock rims/rubber as a lot of Porsche guys want those 18" wheels for track days.

I'm digging these just because they're so aggressive looking... I only put 8 miles on my Truck a day driving to and from work (I live close to my office)... so, I'm not worried about the noise, and the occasional trip to Atlanta (85 minute drive south of us) for dinner is no big deal.

bogger.jpg

What's the street tread life of tires like these?

For $1200 bucks, roughly, for tires... man, that's a deal for me... my last 2 cars were a 2009 Porsche 911 and a 2008 Z06, now THOSE tires are expensive! I'm talking almost $2000 bucks for a new set of 4!

Last edited:

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
Generally speaking, what's the tread life of the OEM tires? My problem is, I literally put less than 5000 miles a year on my daily driver, crap... its gonna take a few years before I wear out the OEM tires enough to warrant replacement... Is there a market, classified board here, for buying the OEM stock tires? When I bought the Porsche, the first thing I did was put some new 19" Rims and tires on, no problem selling the 18" stock rims/rubber as a lot of Porsche guys want those 18" wheels for track days.

I'm digging these just because they're so aggressive looking... I only put 8 miles on my Truck a day driving to and from work (I live close to my office)... so, I'm not worried about the noise, and the occasional trip to Atlanta (85 minute drive south of us) for dinner is no big deal.

bogger.jpg

What's the street tread life of tires like these?
For $1200 bucks, roughly, for tires... man, that's a deal for me... my last 2 cars were a 2009 Porsche 911 and a 2008 Z06, now THOSE tires are expensive! I'm talking almost $2000 bucks for a new set of 4!

They're one of my favourite tires, but it seems the only 17" rim size they offer are 38's. Gonna need a lift for that one...
They last a long time though - probably get 40-50k miles if you dont hit a lot of concrete.

Interco's site has some other aggressive tires. I think the Thornbirds will be what I end up with - they're about 2" wider than our stock ones.

This is a pretty neat tool... never heard of this:

YouTube - ‪SUPER SWAMPER BOGGER TIRE GROOVING‬‏

Yeah that is a pretty cool tool. Except he almost put it through his arm at 1:48 :)
Still, more efficient than using the chainsaw like in the good ole days... Either one you could slip and hit the wrong part of the tire.

Last edited:

xBX

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How much can an inch or so sized groove do?