Alcon issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Dadlife

Dadlife

Reaction score
Oh man. I misread it then! If it’s squeezing while driving / off the brakes then yes purely mechanical!

unfortunately, Alcon does rely on their dealers for end client support. They normally are picky with who they align themselves with... hopefully SVC will get it sorted.

was there any gouges or irregular wear pattern on the rotors? That happens once to us with actually Alcons on a 1000hp GTR lol. A pebble got caught between pad and rotor and gouged it ever so slightly. Squeals when he was moving.
I hope thats not the case. Lol
Its done it since i bought them

Moridin

Reaction score
I know this makes me a horrible person... but the thought of a fancy new Raptor driving around with massive brake squeal all the time cracks me up. My mental image of you going through a parking lot and everybody swiveling their heads to stare is hilarious.

But yeah... that said, I hope this gets cleared up for you and fast. I know I would be mortified if it were my truck doing it. haha

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think with everything mentioned here, you or a competent shop can diagnose and fix it.

I was going to say maybe you have a froze piston possibly, but this has happened from day one. Defective caliper from the start? Not sure how likely that is with Alcons.

RADvelociRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
seems to me that SVC has a solid rep in these forums, should be a matter of time before the root of the problem is sorted... wish you were in NY, I'd love to take a crack at it.

once its all sorted out... trust me, you will be loving that brake setup

OP
OP
Dadlife

Dadlife

Reaction score
I think with everything mentioned here, you or a competent shop can diagnose and fix it.

I was going to say maybe you have a froze piston possibly, but this has happened from day one. Defective caliper from the start? Not sure how likely that is with Alcons.
We did almost everything we could. Took down 1-2% of pad, re-bedded, disc treatment. Looked for any blemishes and still squeeking like a 1970’s rusted hooptie vehicle.
but...... the brakes performance are top notch. Its night and day from stock.
Going to be trying to connect with Alcon directly vs distributors (waiting on response) To see about a disc swap or whatever they can to remedy the noise. but performance id give it a 10/10

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good and bad still. Frustrating I imagine. The noise exists all the time or only when braking? More or less when cold or hot?

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do the pads utilize anti squeak shims behind them and the caliper I’m curious? Otherwise it seems like the pads are contacting the rotors just enough to constantly make that music. Not much to brakes really.

Raptus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you get the calipers centered on the rotor with the shims Alcon provided?

Did you put a dial indicator on the rotorS to see if one was warped?

Sure sorry your having so much trouble with them. They really do work well and should not squeak when rolling down the road like that.

I agree 100% on the performance! Can’t beat I’m!