Alcon front brake kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Brake feel is probably as important as stopping power. But one thing I don’t believe I’ve ever seen is a definitive test between stock and the Alcon kit when it comes to stopping distance. Has that been done anywhere, any videos showing it?

OP
OP
Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Brake feel is probably as important as stopping power. But one thing I don’t believe I’ve ever seen is a definitive test between stock and the Alcon kit when it comes to stopping distance. Has that been done anywhere, any videos showing it?
Nick Lykos at Apollo Optics did a test and saw a 27% reduced braking distance. The video might be on youtube.

Still for sale!!

Kev Gambrell

Reaction score
I purchased Alcon Roush front calibers from ebay made for the Gen 3 and used Alcon bracket that fit the Gen 3 on my Gen 2. The brackets were 500 bucks and Gen 3 calibers and brackets worked perfectly on my 2019 Gen 2. Everything lined up as it should. One of the best upgrades I did on my truck next to better leaf springs and coil and bump stops.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just watched the video. That is definitely a massive difference.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I purchased Alcon Roush front calibers from ebay made for the Gen 3 and used Alcon bracket that fit the Gen 3 on my Gen 2. The brackets were 500 bucks and Gen 3 calibers and brackets worked perfectly on my 2019 Gen 2. Everything lined up as it should. One of the best upgrades I did on my truck next to better leaf springs and coil and bump stops.

The F150 brakes you got are different from the Gen 3 Raptor. Look at OP first post. I have them on my Gen 2, which it looks like you have.

OP
OP
Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The brackets also tend to be massively back ordered .

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'd love to see a test on the Alcons vs the Powerstop kit. Idk if it's fair to test against stock pads and rotors.
Rotors will have no real impact on stopping power with the stock calipers. Maybe a different pad compound but the oem brakes are a dual piston floating caliper. They will never match a fixed mounted 6 piston caliper. Ever.

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Rotors will have no real impact on stopping power with the stock calipers. Maybe a different pad compound but the oem brakes are a dual piston floating caliper. They will never match a fixed mounted 6 piston caliper. Ever.

Well no ******* shit, but comparing a performance brake setup that costs 10x more than a pad and rotor upgrade to the stock brakes isn't exactly fair.