Alcon Front BBK Installed on 2019

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T14Jeremy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed the Alcon Front BBK on my 2019 today, complete write up with detailed step by step including images coming soon!

We will highlight the need for ADD Tie Rod Ends, if Wheel Spacers are required for OE wheels, etc.

We test fitted with stock Tie Rod Ends, test fitted OE Wheels with & without spacers, and more. All questions that are typically not highlighted, will be addressed

IMG_0054.jpg

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Interested in your review. I’d like to see someone do a comparison with these and the R1 bbk on 17” wheels.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That’s a nice setup & def would be a big help on the street especially even w/ a stock raptor but def a tuned+ one.

I have to chuckle though- read the install process maybe 1/4 of the way into it the kit is described “it’s designed to the vehicle for the vehicle to make it a true plug & play installation”

Immediately I think to myself- I’ve done brake jobs before maybe could justify the price by saving on labor do it in garage.

Keep reading on & we’re taking hacksaws to retention pins, drilling into the spindles, not installing the rears b/c they don’t work w/ the parking brake & adding tie rod adapter kits to make it work lol

Is the adapter kit always necessary on all raptor years w/ stock wheels??

My raptor is 2018 801a w/ a regular parking brake so rears should work?

OP
OP
T14Jeremy

T14Jeremy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s a nice setup & def would be a big help on the street especially even w/ a stock raptor but def a tuned+ one.

I have to chuckle though- read the install process maybe 1/4 of the way into it the kit is described “it’s designed to the vehicle for the vehicle to make it a true plug & play installation”

Immediately I think to myself- I’ve done brake jobs before maybe could justify the price by saving on labor do it in garage.

Keep reading on & we’re taking hacksaws to retention pins, drilling into the spindles, not installing the rears b/c they don’t work w/ the parking brake & adding tie rod adapter kits to make it work lol

Is the adapter kit always necessary on all raptor years w/ stock wheels??

My raptor is 2018 801a w/ a regular parking brake so rears should work?

Its unclear on when the Tie Rod End Adapters are actually necessary. People say that Ford used two different styles throughout production & depending on which your truck has, you may need them. I definitely needed them as you see. I had less than a Credit Card thickness's worth of clearance. With Thermal Expansion, the Tie Rod would make contact with the Rotor.

I would order them to be safe, & if you wind up not needing them, just return them.

doba_s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s hard to say if there will be any huge difference running this kit. Rotors with C slots and better pads (if it comes with more aggressive pads) probably will make some difference how it feels. Since you can’t run rears how is the brake bias balance?

it’s also kinda weird Alcon went with a cheap stock looking one pice rotor ... you would think they can make nice 2 piece floating rotors so you can swap rings down the road.

42DBF1A9-CEBB-4CF5-B26D-B9D932B7585B.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
T14Jeremy

T14Jeremy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s hard to say if there will be any huge difference running this kit. Rotors with C slots and better pads (if it comes with more aggressive pads) probably will make some difference how it feels. Since you can’t run rears how is the brake bias balance?

it’s also kinda weird Alcon went with a cheap stock looking one pice rotor ... you would think they can make nice 2 piece floating rotors so you can swap rings down the road.

View attachment 132728

Honestly, its not hard to say if it will be a huge difference, as I personally think the difference is significant. Going to this 6 Piston Caliper, & stickier pads definitely improves how the Brakes behave. Its not one of those upgrades that leaves you saying "I think it made a difference" You will experience a noticeable change / improvement.

I agree, 2-Piece Rotors, & Stainless Steel Brake Lines would be nice optional upgrades.

Regarding the bias, you can definitely tell that the front is doing most of the work, but it doesn't feel unbalanced to me.