GEN 2 Alcon Brakes Group Buy!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Nick@Apollo-Optics

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Wanted to let everyone know that we have received enough order for the Group Buy and all orders will begin shipping today/tomorrow.

If you'd like to get in on the deal, just let me know!

Nick

TheGodMachine

Reaction score
Nick,
Is there any way you guys could test the braking performance of just the front Alcon kit with stock rear, vs stock all around? Or do you know of anyone who has first hand experience?
I loved your youtube video and it is what interested me in the Alcon kit. Just curious how much benefit the front only kit would give vs the HUGE improvement for the complete kit that you got. I am also curious if the difference from having the fronts be so significantly better/stronger than the rears will create and issue in emergency braking situations (unbalanced braking)

OP
OP
Nick@Apollo-Optics

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Nick,
Is there any way you guys could test the braking performance of just the front Alcon kit with stock rear, vs stock all around? Or do you know of anyone who has first hand experience?
I loved your youtube video and it is what interested me in the Alcon kit. Just curious how much benefit the front only kit would give vs the HUGE improvement for the complete kit that you got. I am also curious if the difference from having the fronts be so significantly better/stronger than the rears will create and issue in emergency braking situations (unbalanced braking)

Unfortunately, I won't have time to throw the stock rear brakes back on our truck for testing by the time the group buy ends so I won't be able to get real data for you.

However, we can play a bit of math. It's pretty much a standard that the front axle does 70% of a vehicle's braking. And we saw a 27% reduction in stopping distance with the new brakes at all 4 corners. So by applying the 70% calculation to the 27% number, I'd expect a 19% reduction in braking with the front kit only installed.

Regarding the BBK front vs stock rear safety, Alcon has stated that the braking system remains balanced.

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

NIck

srad711

Reaction score
Looking for pricing as well. Front and back please.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Nick@Apollo-Optics

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score