Alcon Brake Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DrifterGTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:ROFLJest::ROFLJest::ROFLJest:

On a side note I do wish Brembo would make a kit that would fit under 17s.

I'm sure a 17in kit exists is some fashion. Though you probably need to hand select the necessary parts to make it.

That being said, I want the Alcon's in a bad way. But I can not justify spending 6k on a brake upgrade. And even if I did spend the money for a BBK that wasn't the Alcon's I would still be upset that I then have to buy new wheels. In all likelihood I will just buy one of the rotor and pad upgrade kits once I figure out which has the best performance and the least dust.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm sure a 17in kit exists is some fashion. Though you probably need to hand select the necessary parts to make it.

That being said, I want the Alcon's in a bad way. But I can not justify spending 6k on a brake upgrade. And even if I did spend the money for a BBK that wasn't the Alcon's I would still be upset that I then have to buy new wheels. In all likelihood I will just buy one of the rotor and pad upgrade kits once I figure out which has the best performance and the least dust.

I had to buy new wheels to clear aftermarket UCAs anyway. And RPG confirmed that their kit clears Weld 17s.

I think the Alcon kit is really nice but I didn't want to use spacers and I didn't want iron calipers. Only thing I'm disappointed in with the RPG/Baer kit (so far, since they aren't on the truck yet) is that the rear rotors don't have aluminum hats. I'm debating trying to see if the RB rear rotors will work but I'm hesitant to mess with this kit as designed.

Also, if you're going to have some extra weight, low down and in the rear is where you want it.

Attachments

• 20180529_143819.jpg
    20180529_143819.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_2976.jpg
    IMG_2976.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 55

DrifterGTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to buy new wheels to clear aftermarket UCAs anyway. And RPG confirmed that their kit clears Weld 17s.

I think the Alcon kit is really nice but I didn't want to use spacers and I didn't want iron calipers. Only thing I'm disappointed in with the RPG/Baer kit (so far, since they aren't on the truck yet) is that the rear rotors don't have aluminum hats. I'm debating trying to see if the RB rear rotors will work but I'm hesitant to mess with this kit as designed.

Also, if you're going to have some extra weight, low down and in the rear is where you want it.

Sir, you own my desired wheels. I salute you.
Where did you find them?
And where did you find that Baer Kit? I don't see it on the RPG site?

Last edited:

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sir, you own my desired wheels. I salute you.
Where did you find them?
And where did you find that Baer Kit? I don't see it on the RPG site?

Thank you. They're gorgeous and assuredly tough as nails but I wish they were a little lighter. I just couldn't trust a cast chinese wheel underneath a 7000 pound truck pushing 750 horsepower and I also didn't want anything that wasn't hubcentric. These were special ordered from Weld. They took a lot longer than the quoted 6 weeks to deliver.

I linked the brakes earlier in the thread...

DrifterGTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score

We should talk wheels and power mods. Mostly wheels though.

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I think you're limited on Baer, because you're keeping 17" wheels ... most 2pc require at least 19" wheels

I had the Baer Extreme+ setup, two piece rotors with aluminum hats but I'm a self-loating street donkey putting 20-22" wheels on a Raptor

Last edited:

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think you're limited on Baer, because you're keeping 17" wheels ... most 2pc require at least 19" wheels

I had the Baer Extreme+ setup, two piece rotors with aluminum hats but I'm a self-loating street donkey putting 20-22" wheels on a Raptor

Seems to be plenty of room for that in the front, where they provided aluminum hats and 6 pot calipers vs. 4s in the rear. I actually think they went with all iron rotors in the rear so they could reuse the stock drum type emergency brake. RB uses an iron sleeve inside their aluminum hat to allow the OEM emergency brake to be reused.

https://www.racingbrake.com/RB-Rear-Two-piece-rotor-for-Ford-F-150-p/2571.htm

Anyway, 37s on 20s is realistically going to be more than enough side wall for most Raptor owners. I actually did debate getting 20s so I could run the Brembos (and 325/60R20 Duratracs, which is an awesome all around tire and a very practical 35.6" tall) but at the end of the day I just didn't want to take the risk. I love the way my truck rides and handles on 17s at relatively low psi.

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems to be plenty of room for that in the front, where they provided aluminum hats and 6 pot calipers vs. 4s in the rear. I actually think they went with all iron rotors in the rear so they could reuse the stock drum type emergency brake. RB uses an iron sleeve inside their aluminum hat to allow the OEM emergency brake to be reused.

https://www.racingbrake.com/RB-Rear-Two-piece-rotor-for-Ford-F-150-p/2571.htm

Anyway, 37s on 20s is realistically going to be more than enough side wall for most Raptor owners. I actually did debate getting 20s so I could run the Brembos (and 325/60R20 Duratracs, which is an awesome all around tire and a very practical 35.6" tall) but at the end of the day I just didn't want to take the risk. I love the way my truck rides and handles on 17s at relatively low psi.

I got so caught up in wheel sizes that you're right, the obvious is you have room in the front

Give Mark or Rick over at Baer at call - I'm sure they will sell you another front setup to put on the rear

I'm not bothered by the caliper size difference but the rotor differences and how the front and rear read differently i.e. 6P and T4 would give me ticks - I'd prefer just the Baer name and logo