Alcon Brake Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Slide the alcon rotor onto the lugs in the front and "clunk". the rotor would rub on the upright. Almost like the combination of the depth from rotor hat to the inside of disc coupled with a thicker rotor is enough to create interference.

I just really don't want to have to buy a rotor from alcon, r1, etc just to measure the dimensions against a stock rotor and check fitment so I know which one will work ( if any) without modification.

It is spendy enough to buy spares for a mid-travel kit. I don't want to buy spares, then have to modify everything. I'm also trying to maintain some semblance of parts availability.

I think your already past that point with the Donkey, don’t you?...lol

R1 has paper templates you can use but not sure it that helps measure for spindle clearance but it’s a start it certainly helps to measure wheel fitment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I think your already past that point with the Donkey, don’t you?...lol

R1 has paper templates you can use but not sure it that helps measure for spindle clearance but it’s a start it certainly helps to measure wheel fitment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i can still actually order spares for most things.

you have to pay to play i guess. I'm good with the stock brakes when offroad before they start to fade, but I would like a little bit better sustained braking performance.

texasflyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For you guys with the Alcon BBK, what brake lines are you running since they aren't included in the kit? I saw that Crown Performance was recommended, but the Crown Performance Raptor brake line kits I've seen online say they only include lines to the front calipers. Is there a rear line kit I'm not seeing?

OP
OP
Tactical Sommelier

Tactical Sommelier

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For you guys with the Alcon BBK, what brake lines are you running since they aren't included in the kit? I saw that Crown Performance was recommended, but the Crown Performance Raptor brake line kits I've seen online say they only include lines to the front calipers. Is there a rear line kit I'm not seeing?
Texas Motorowrx installed their steel brake lines in my truck, don't know who makes them doh!

texasflyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Texas Motorowrx installed their steel brake lines in my truck, don't know who makes them doh!
Thanks, but that doesn't really answer my question. Maybe someone else will know.

How many miles do you have on the brake kit and how is it holding up? Any issues?

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Crown Performance lines should fit front and rear.

SDHQ also has their own lines. We’re an SDHQ dealer, happy to get you setup with their brake line kit. It will work for stock brakes as well as the Alcon Brakes.

Thanks!

Nick

texasflyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crown Performance lines should fit front and rear.

SDHQ also has their own lines. We’re an SDHQ dealer, happy to get you setup with their brake line kit. It will work for stock brakes as well as the Alcon Brakes.

Thanks!

Nick
Thanks Nick. I ended up speaking with Crown Performance and they helped me out.

I've got 12K miles on them, they are awesome brakes. Barely any pad wear at all.
Good to hear.

pete888

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, but that doesn't really answer my question. Maybe someone else will know.

How many miles do you have on the brake kit and how is it holding up? Any issues?

20,000 miles and I just replaced the front/rear pads.