Alcon Brake Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raven13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anybody have issues with Alcon brakes? My buddy had rear rotors warp after only 4,200 miles and Alcon wouldn’t warranty them. It’s daily driven and Raptoberfest is the only off-road event he’s been to with them.

R

Rick@FreedomMotorsports

That’s terrible. I’m going with R1 Concepts,...not because of your story, but because I think it’s a better value.

Let me know if I can assist you with a R1 Concepts package. Will be happy to provide a quote with a FRF member discount.

charliebrown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2018 truck came with non bead-lock wheels. I’m picking up a set of 2019 bead-locks. Anyone know if Alcon or other BBK fit 2019 OEM wheels? I don’t want to use spacers nor aftermarket tie rods.

Also, I’m running oem rotors and calipers on another car and I’ve seen huge improvements just changing to better pads (admittedly that car has phenomenal oem brakes and the “better” pads help with lap after lap fading issues over stock; not much improvement over cold panic stops). Anyone care to share their experience using “better” pads and/or better stock size rotors on their Raptor?

Thanks!

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
My 2018 truck came with non bead-lock wheels. I’m picking up a set of 2019 bead-locks. Anyone know if Alcon or other BBK fit 2019 OEM wheels? I don’t want to use spacers nor aftermarket tie rods.

Also, I’m running oem rotors and calipers on another car and I’ve seen huge improvements just changing to better pads (admittedly that car has phenomenal oem brakes and the “better” pads help with lap after lap fading issues over stock; not much improvement over cold panic stops). Anyone care to share their experience using “better” pads and/or better stock size rotors on their Raptor?

Thanks!

The Alcon kit fits on the 2018 non-beadlock wheels without the use of spacers. The 2018 beadlock wheel fit with the included 7mm billet aluminum spacers. It did not fit without the spaces. We've not tested the new 2019 wheels yet with the Alcon kit. Aftermarket tie rods are no longer required for Alcon kits.

BADASSRAPTOR

Reaction score
The Alcon kit fits on the 2018 non-beadlock wheels without the use of spacers. The 2018 beadlock wheel fit with the included 7mm billet aluminum spacers. It did not fit without the spaces. We've not tested the new 2019 wheels yet with the Alcon kit. Aftermarket tie rods are no longer required for Alcon kits.
What is the warranty on the Alcon kit. I was very interested in acquiring a set , but after reading some reviews above - not so sure now.
Somebody had a warped Alcon rotor after only 4200 miles. And Alcon failed to address the issue it seems.
I see that R1 dealers jumped on the opportunity to make some sales.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
First of all, rotors don't warp. Second, no one warranties uneven wear in rotors. Most of the time what feels like a warped rotor is just uneven pad material on the rotor. Also proper bedding is essential to proper wear.

BADASSRAPTOR

Reaction score
First of all, rotors don't warp. Second, no one warranties uneven wear in rotors. Most of the time what feels like a warped rotor is just uneven pad material on the rotor. Also proper bedding is essential to proper wear.

Yeah sure. That sounds like you know what you are talking about.
I personally warped rotors on a different brand new vehicle within first month of use. And that is why the other guy’s problematic story resonated with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blwnazstang

Reaction score
Actually rotors do warp, if not manufacturers could save tons of money on testing and development.