Alcon Brake Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spg993tt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i put on r1 rotors, posiquiet pads, braided lines, and the brakeing went from woeful to solid, really good. good enough. i dont do a lot of towing with the truck but for normal street or jeep trailing, its just perfect. i agree would have been nice for ford at this price for the truck to have put a better brake kit on the car considering they didnt even offer it as a option to get you to spend up with ford. or for just a few bucks more spec better pads , rotors and steel lines.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys!

We just got a few more Alcon kits in stock and have special pricing going on!

Shoot me a message and let me know if we can help get you set up!

Milovaughn

Reaction score
It was honestly the best thing I did to my truck - Hands down.

The stopping power and pedal feel are night and day and they look pretty good to boot. :) Alcon says when installed they can out stop modern sportscars- and while I have yet to test that claim I can attest the stopping power is insane for such a heavy truck.

One thing to note- you will need a tie rod kit either from Alcon or A.D.D.

alcon1_zpsceen65nz.jpg
alcon2_zpsgoao9isq.jpg
wheel_zpsia4pm7ts.jpg
Good day, great set up. I’m definitely thinking of getting the front end brakes done. As I really don’t do any crazy off-roading, the truck does get a lot of gravel roads and they are not nice(ruts, huge pot holes etc. I was talking to one of there dealers, he said if you are running stock you don’t have to change or upgrade the tie-ends. Looking at you setup it is way definitely beyond stock. Please correct me if I’m wrong? Cheers from Canada

Milovaughn

Reaction score
Good day, great set up. I’m definitely thinking of getting the front end brakes done. As I really don’t do any crazy off-roading, the truck does get a lot of gravel roads and they are not nice(ruts, huge pot holes etc. I was talking to one of there dealers, he said if you are running stock you don’t have to change or upgrade the tie-ends. Looking at you setup it is way definitely beyond stock. Please correct me if I’m wrong? Cheers from Canada
Oh I did read further on if it’s a 2018 which mine is. Thanks

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey @Milovaughn, I wanted to clarify something. The necessity for the tie rod upgrade kit has to do with the clearance of the larger Alcon brake rotors not clearing the factory tie rod end. Utilizing the ADD Tie Rod Adapter Kit (or any other tie rod kit wth a heim-link end) allows the necessary brake rotor clearance.

Can you send a link to the information you read on the 2018 models?

Thanks!

ReefBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the purpose for the new tie rod ends? It says they're needed 'for clearance', how can a tie rod end scrape a rotor? It isn't like the rotors move inboard.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know on some trucks going with an aftermarket tie rod kit moves the inner pivot resulting in increased bump steer....what's with the ADD kit?

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What is the purpose for the new tie rod ends? It says they're needed 'for clearance', how can a tie rod end scrape a rotor? It isn't like the rotors move inboard.

The aftermarket rotor is wider than the factor rotor. The balljoint end on the factory tie rod is a lot wider than the helm link end on the ADD Tie Rod Adapter Kit or on full replacement tie rods with heim ends. The heim ends allows the necessary clearance over the balljoint end because it’s not as wide.

Does that make sense?