Alcon Brake Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have a 2018 with factory bead locks. Does it still need tie rod ends and is there an issue with the spacers as far as potential wheel damage or extra stress?

Yes, all trucks will need tie rod ends or full replacement tie rods with heim ends to clear the brake rotors.

You will need to use the included 7mm billet spacers with the beadlock style wheels.

Normally, large spacers are not recommended. However, a 7mm spacer is very small and won't cause any issues. Even high-end sports cars including the 911 have 5mm and 7mm spacers available from the factory. As long as the lugs are torque properly, there will not be any wheel damage.

As far as extra stress, with the added 7mm spacer, it effectively adjusts the wheel offset from +34 to +27 which is still less than most aftermarket wheels.

If you'd like us to send you a quote for the upgrade, please let me know!

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

Can anyone confirm FOR CERTAIN that the Alcon kit fits OEM beadlocks (with or without the spacer)? Not looking for opinion, but been there, done that experience.

We test fit the wheels today!

The 17" OEM beadlock wheels fit WITH the included 7mm spacer. They will not fit the wheel without the spaces.

The non-beadlock 17" OEM wheel does fit without the spacer.

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the kit come with braided brake lines?

Or do aftermarket braided lines fit the alcons just like stock?

Also the alcon website lists a lot of different caliper colors, raptor included, for additional cost, is this available?

Last edited:

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Does the kit come with braided brake lines?

Or do aftermarket braided lines fit the alcons just like stock?

Also the alcon website lists a lot of different caliper colors, raptor included, for additional cost, is this available?

Hey @Fender! There is only one kit available for Raptor fitment. I double checked the Alcon site to be sure, but this is what I saw: http://www.alcon.co.uk/aftermarket/off-road/raptor/

As far the kits, the front brakes are a 6-piston unit and the rear brakes are a 4-piston unit. Perhaps that's what you saw?

Lastly, the kit uses factory lines, however, we can put a package together for you with braided brake lines and Motul brake fluid as well!

Please feel free to reach out with any questions!

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey @Fender! There is only one kit available for Raptor fitment. I double checked the Alcon site to be sure, but this is what I saw: http://www.alcon.co.uk/aftermarket/off-road/raptor/

As far the kits, the front brakes are a 6-piston unit and the rear brakes are a 4-piston unit. Perhaps that's what you saw?

Lastly, the kit uses factory lines, however, we can put a package together for you with braided brake lines and Motul brake fluid as well!

Please feel free to reach out with any questions!

This is the one i ment here with the color options:

https://alconkits.com/heavy-duty-tr...-150-front-big-brake-kit-free-shipping-detail

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahh, I see the confusion. The Alconkits site is not Alcon HQ big is actually another reseller of Alcon brakes. They just have an entire site dedicated to Alcon brakes.

Alcon does not offer color options directly, so that company is just offering powder coat as an additional option.

Hope this clears it up!

Ah ok cool! Do you have a similar service with possibility of different colors?

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ah ok cool! Do you have a similar service with possibility of different colors?

We’ve found it best for our customers to have them powdered locally. Partially so they can see the exact colors in person, but also so there’s less risk of damage to the powder in shipment.

However, we can help coordinate powder depending on your location or have them coated for you before shipment if you’d prefer. There will be additional costs for this, however.

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Big rotors are great for avoiding fade but really how many people could drive one of these hard enough to get brake fade. I would best for that reason all the brake kits would perform very similarly on most street driven trucks.

They faded rather quickly, less than a lap.

f58e6b40863b13df673cb1ee1bbb2edb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score