Alcon BBK, Damn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darthyota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The same caliper and pad on a larger diameter disc will provide more brake torque. That's mainly why big diameter discs are used. More surface area to dissipate heat is a nice side benefit.
yes but the added piston count allows for higher and more even clamping forces over stock even with the marginally smaller rotor 347mm for the alcons and 350mm for the stock brakes.
Yeh i wasnt surprised the discs are similar or somewhat smaller, but the price is equivalent to big kits that come with 15 inch discs and 6 pistons

designed to fit within the constraints of a stock 17" wheel where as those are designed to fit under a 19" or 20" wheel

Vekki

Reaction score
For those that care.... Brembo owns AP Racing.. same umbrella company :D

Both share technology between them, AP racing is actually more used in race applications than Brembo.

Quick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone running this kit? I'm looking into it and just discovered it also requires the ADD tie-rod adapter. I'm a little concerned about how well that will hold up for a daily driver through northeast winters.

Also wish it had 2-piece rotors...

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys!

We just got a few more Alcon kits in stock and have special pricing going on!

Shoot me a message and let me know if we can help get you set up!

Apex Ace

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For anyone on the fence.... you’re not going to find a better offering than what Nick has going right now!

I’ll report back after I do the installation.

Thanks again Nick!

-Dave

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
For anyone on the fence.... you’re not going to find a better offering than what Nick has going right now!

I’ll report back after I do the installation.

Thanks again Nick!

-Dave

Appreciate the kind words and support, Dave! I'm glad we could help get you setup!