Alcon BBK, Damn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trophycummins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Totally understand, just thought I would contribute my experience with them to this forum. I personally prefer them over the brembos placed in the Range Rover svr I used to drive. However, since I am wanting to keep the stock hbeadlock wheels I will definitely look into alcons. The only think I noticed was that they only replace the front brakes and rotors. I am curious as to why I hadn't noticed a rear brake kit either. Do you know if they offer those as well?

There is a matching rear brake kit.

This is on gen 1 but you get the idea.

71658fa5ed1a827c3aca3f8de2dd1f66.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Darthyota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Totally understand, just thought I would contribute my experience with them to this forum. I personally prefer them over the brembos placed in the Range Rover svr I used to drive. However, since I am wanting to keep the stock hbeadlock wheels I will definitely look into alcons. The only think I noticed was that they only replace the front brakes and rotors. I am curious as to why I hadn't noticed a rear brake kit either. Do you know if they offer those as well?

alcon offers both a front and rear kit
RaptorFlyerDownload_Page_1_zpsft1fci7n.jpg

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the big draw to the alcons are they they offer much improved breaking that still fits under a stock sized wheel

I can attest they are good brakes my buddy wanted to keep stock wheels and do their BBK for 17's. His truck stops on a dime it's better than stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any real world experience with the alcons ?
front and rear kit are about 6K, front discs smaller than the 2018 stock actually.

Baer returned my email and said the 2017/18 aren't out yet

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
front and rear kit are about 6K, front discs smaller than the 2018 stock actually.

I have Baer on my 2015, and they have told me for months that I'm good to swap it onto the 2017 Raptor with no issues

Darthyota

Full Access Member
Reaction score

smaller disc diameter then the 1st gens as well but 6 pistons. biggest thing a larger diameter disc does is increase fade resistance, but the difference between stock and the alcons is negligible

Last edited:

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
biggest thing a larger diameter disc does is increase fade resistance

The same caliper and pad on a larger diameter disc will provide more brake torque. That's mainly why big diameter discs are used. More surface area to dissipate heat is a nice side benefit.

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeh i wasnt surprised the discs are similar or somewhat smaller, but the price is equivalent to big kits that come with 15 inch discs and 6 pistons