Alcon BBK, Damn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chi_weezy

Reaction score
I apologize if this is a repost. Saw this on my IG. Truck is insane but also it would be so nice to be able to stop that quick in the Raptor. I'm very tempted to order some aftermarket brakes that will fit with the 18's I'm getting

https://instagram.com/p/BVauiEYndmC/

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the alcon kit works with factory 17s? I looked at it and it did not mention wheel size. Seems like it works?.

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the alcon kit works with factory 17s? I looked at it and it did not mention wheel size. Seems like it works?.

If you look at the size of the rotor in their kit it would seem that it would, I'm not positive maybe a call to them would clear it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trophycummins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can confirm it fits with the stock wheels. It needs a 5mm spacer, which Alcon supplies, in order to fit. An aftermarket 17" wheel with less than stock offset will work too.

We've installed a handful of these Alcon kits, and two of the brembo kits

Darthyota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can confirm it fits with the stock wheels. It needs a 5mm spacer, which Alcon supplies, in order to fit. An aftermarket 17" wheel with less than stock offset will work too.

We've installed a handful of these Alcon kits, and two of the brembo kits

how does the alcon compare to the brembo?

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's been out for a minute according to their site, I checked it out before I bought mine. Specs were to small for me.

If you are going with bigger wheels, yeah get bigger brakes as they look better. They won't stop better (not worse either) they would have a bit better heat dissipation due to the larger rotors but that's it.

Would be very similar. This alcon kit seems excessively expensive for what it is... at least give some 2 piece rotors...

trophycummins

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I've never run a brembo kit off road, but I've run the Alcons off road. Alcon vs stock is great off road. Alcon vs brembo on the street is very similar. I'd actually say Alcon feels like it stops harder, must be a more aggressive pad. Or the brembo pads work better hot, never had them hot enough to know how they(brembo)feel with heat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have actually driven both. Alcon are great with 17" wheels. I don't like the idea of running spacers if you're planning to go offroad.

Brembo are still the best of the best but they're are expensive and you need big wheels.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk