Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Alaska Raptors

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by BudOneAirship, Apr 12, 2012.

1. svtdreams

svtdreams Full Access Member

Brian buddy how the hell ya been, i just shot you a PM a min ago... MatanuskaRaptor we need to meet up sometime and find a few trails, Bcj020 is very correct we took ours out to Ruby lake this past summer and SCRATCHED the crap out of them but nothing a little buffing couldnt help. Shoot me a PM MatanuskaRaptor

2. Hoverp

Hoverp Full Access Member

All you AK Raptor owners, I'm from Montana and wonder if you guys would talk about any positive or negative experiences you've had with your Raptors in the extreme cold, also if the IWE is working good for you in the extreme cold. I'm contemplating getting a Raptor, but I'm a big game hunter and need a bulletproof 4x4 and I'm wondering if the bed space is enough.

Thanks guys!

3. 2013BlkWidow

2013BlkWidow Full Access Member

Just recently moved up to Eielson AFB. Uncle Sam gave my family and I orders up to this amazing state, and we could not be happier. Im looking forward to meeting others who enjoy this amazing truck and love to off-road. Anyone on here in the Fairbanks area looking to hit up some trails let me know.

4. Prybar

Prybar Full Access Member

5. KillerKyle

KillerKyle Full Access Member

Hello fellow Alaskans! I am probably going to pull the trigger on the Whipple supercharger in the next couple of weeks. Curious if there are any recommendations for shops to do the install? Underground is booked for the entire summer. I am by no means a master mechanic but think I have enough savy to do it myself. Anyone here in AK install theirs them self?

6. Cubdriver

Cubdriver Full Access Member

I installed mine originally and helped my son install one on my buddies. Nick at Underground is good but as you said busy. Make sure you do not install the supercharger without installing the new oil pump gears. If you do, kiss your motor good by.

H

7. KillerKyle

Ok thanks, that would be no good! I just read through the manual and the install seemed pretty straight forward. Mechanically it's simple, just the little things such as getting into the electrical stuff like the PCM is what worries me. That and it seems a little overwhelming with a ton of loose parts like hoses and bolts and then figuring out which is which. I guess I look into it some more, maybe stop by and see Nick and give Whipple a call?

Regarding your username, you have a Supercub by any chance?

8. Cubdriver

Cubdriver Full Access Member

It is really straight forward, if you have a basic mechanical skills you should be fine. I can talk you through the couple of sticky spots and maybe stop by. The PCM is easy it is just a little time consuming. The Oil Pump gears are a pain, since my engine blew up it was easy to install with the motor out. My buddy's was a pain to do inside the truck, maybe think about taking it to Ford otherwise I can ask my kid for some tips.

Yep, I have a supercub so my truck pretty much stays on the road.

H

9. KillerKyle

Alright thanks! Ill let you know what I decide to do a might give you a shout if i have some questions? I may just end up ordering all the parts throughout the summer and see if underground can do it this fall? I think its best if I let them or ford do the Gear install.

10. tgreen

tgreen Member

Looking to hook up with some alaska raptors.
    Just picked mine up about 2 weeks ago, dont see a lot of them on the road.

I know its getting a little wet for a lot of off roading now, but it would be great to meet and make some plans.

I live in the valley, but drive into anchorage for work when i am not up on the slope working.

2012 Oxford White Screw