AIRRAID Installation on 2011 6.2L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
nether do I. where the factory lid clamped. on the afe there are holes now where the clamps would hold down the factory lid. I must be tired or some thing this dyslexia is kicking my ass lately. I'll see about taking some pic tomorrow so you can see what I'm talking about.

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am getting about 1.5 mpg more, mostly city driving for me.

Not sure if I posted this, but their install instructions are wrong.

Build the entire unit outside of the truck, including the filter, THEN install the entire thing into the truck. This will prevent the filter from falling off when you go off roading because you can get a completely flush mount for the filter. If you install the tube and mounting in the truck first, you'll notice you cannot get the filter to sit completely flush and it will just fall off under bumpy conditions

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't have the tune yet must be backordered I have the afe cai SW headers all and am getting 3.5mpg worse but can definitely tell there is more power now just need to get the shift pattern better.

OP
OP
Ruger

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you mean to say that you dismounted the factory airbox, installed the AIRAID parts to it, and then mounted the whole assembly back in the truck???

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you mean to say that you dismounted the factory airbox, installed the AIRAID parts to it, and then mounted the whole assembly back in the truck???

Yes. Build it outside the truck then install the entire assembly, it works much better

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
after a few days of driving I am getting 2.5 mpg better now so glad I did the mod but you have to keep your foot out of it every once in awhile to achieve any mpg

Wheela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think most people claiming the better Econ from getting a CAI is a pure placebo effect from just less romping and just trying to be more gas conscious. Now 5stars 87 Econ tune truly does give little better Econ, trying this tune out this week and my avg went from 12.3 to 14.1 and I can tell you I do not baby at all. :birgits_tiredcoffee

OP
OP
Ruger

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think most people claiming the better Econ from getting a CAI is a pure placebo effect from just less romping and just trying to be more gas conscious.

Excellent. I initially thought I had gained 0.5 mpg with the installation of my AIRAID CAI, but it went away when my normal driving habits eventually reasserted themselves. I get roughly 15 to 15.5 in town, and between 16 and 17 on the Interstate depending upon the wind direction, air temperature (last summer's 110+ temps in the Plains taught me that), and terrain slope (uphill or downhill).

Bottom line: The primary factor in fuel economy with a 6,000 pound high performance off-road 4x4 with aerodynamics only slighly better than a brick is the right foot. Intelligent justifications for buying a CAI for a Raptor exclude fuel economy.