AIRRAID Installation on 2011 6.2L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Ruger

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Excellent plan about all that nasty oxygen.

BTW, I saw 17.0 avg mpg on my screen for the very first time today.

Viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow.... 17 is a LONG way from me right now... I'd love to see that number...

OP
OP
Ruger

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Glad to do it, DB. I've been the beneficiary of a good deal of kind help over the years, and I'm only passing on the favor.

Viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Ruger...

I guessed right, Airraid came today... Plan to install tomorrow once I'm back home from the race in NH... THX for the writeup and pics...

Can't wait...

Viper

OP
OP
Ruger

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You'll be done before you know it, Viper! If you do what I did and use the weatherstrip on all sides of the airbox extension, you'll have to cut a notch in the weatherstrip to clear the little bolt and nut at the front outboard corner. There's aluminum in the edge, so DON'T use your wife's sewing sissors. A pair of garden sheers will work fine. Enjoy the sound effects, buddy - a side benefit of your new intake!

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I look at mine the other day and I only have the weatherstripping on say, from the SW to NE corners, if you can imagine what I am referring to. In the back, closest to the engine.

OP
OP
Ruger

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes sir, Swoop, that's what the instructions say. However, the instructions also say that all bets are off if you get the filter wet. So I tried the taller weatherstrip on the other two sides. It works fine, and the filter is better protected from windblown rainfall.

The piece of tall weatherstrip that came in my kit wasn't quite long enough to go the complete distance, so I called AIRAID, told then what I wanted to do, and asked for a longer piece. They sent it to me without comment and without charging me.

Last edited:

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hmm... I might have to call them and see what I can do. Mine was installed by Livernois Motorsports, so I didn't get the chance to install it personally like I always do.