AIRRAID Installation on 2011 6.2L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am getting about 1.5 mpg more, mostly city driving for me.

Not sure if I posted this, but their install instructions are wrong.

Build the entire unit outside of the truck, including the filter, THEN install the entire thing into the truck. This will prevent the filter from falling off when you go off roading because you can get a completely flush mount for the filter. If you install the tube and mounting in the truck first, you'll notice you cannot get the filter to sit completely flush and it will just fall off under bumpy conditions

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

At TRR I found that my AiRaid CAI filter would bounce loose on bigger jumps & crashing bumps - annoying to have to keep checking it. Was planning on replacing it for serious off-roading. Trey says to keep the factory setup & use it for this purpose when going on an expedition, b/c it is fool-proof.

If yours did not come loose at all - may try your outside assembly trick.

iSurvive

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't know how anyone is getting these higher MPG, factory or CAI. I have a 2012 Raptor Screw and I'm getting 11.5 mpg period. I just installed the Airaid last night, but I'm not expecting increased mpg.

Is it Colorado's elevation? I don't drive with a heavy foot, and my drive to work is 10 miles suburban highway, and 2 miles of city highway.

Maybe I should check the mpg manually??

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
with SW and AFE it is 2.5 mpg better. If I really want mpg I don't use my brakes ya know let of the gas before you need to stop in 20 feet. I also use e-30 average 14.5

iSurvive

FRF Addict
Reaction score
with SW and AFE it is 2.5 mpg better. If I really want mpg I don't use my brakes ya know let of the gas before you need to stop in 20 feet. I also use e-30 average 14.5

That is one thing a do a lot of with my Raptor. In highway traffic I don't tap the brakes to slow down, I just let off the gas and let the size and weight of the truck decrease my speed. My 3 Ford Expeditions did not allow this technique - I guess they coasted a lot better - so I did use my brakes more.

It's funny how much power I have at my foot with this truck, but I don't drive it as hard as my Expeditions. EXCEPT when I'm off-road, I push the Raptor to the edge - hard and fast!!

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
it's funny but when I get up to speed I don't ***** foot around get up to speed and let off the instant mpg gos up and stays really good. if you ***** foot seams to struggle try it.

couponlo

Banned
Reaction score
I have no problem with the front trucks. And I don't like having really tight trucks

ADMIN EDIT: Spam removed, user banned -Bo

Stainless Works

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Agreed, best way to make that 6.2L air-pump more efficient, bring more cold air on the intake side and also make sure there is less restriction on the exhaust side to help expel the gasses. Stainless Works exclusively only sells AirAid for their quality design and excellent filtration capabilities. The install is fairly simple as well, great compliment to our full exhaust system.

Buy AirAid #400-272 Now

• Dyno proven gains of 12 HP and 14 FT-LB of torque
• Custom designed to fit your Ford Raptor
• Installs in about 30 minutes with household tools
• 50-State street legal
• Lifetime Warranty
• Made in the USA

400-272-installed.jpg

iSurvive

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What states is it not legal and why?

Also, is there a cover made for the air box to keep out mud when roading?

Joe

I have done serious off-roading and lots of mud, rivers, and rain. Nothing gets to the open filter. You can also buy a pre-filter that adds some water resistance.

Even the closed factory filter gets some water inside from the air intake of the box, but seems to stay at the bottom of the box. When I opened my OEM filter box, I could see sediment on the bottom.