Airlift 89413 bags on Gen2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MFG

Reaction score
I bought a different brand and have not installed them yet. They will limit travel for sure. Daystar makes a mount for airbags that leaves one end loose so you are able to keep the suspension travel. My truck is pretty much a road queen and I bought it because I like it and the power. It tows what I need to tow with no effort but the soft rear springs just don't like to be loaded. Mine is also leveled in the front and that does not help. This is a picture from my last trip out with loaded coolers, side x side spare tire, plenty of extra beer and water for a 5 day trip. This is why I ordered the bags.
IMG_6630.jpg

Caljae1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I installed the Airlift Ultimate (89415) kit on my 2020 along with the daystar coupler plates. Barely notice them when deflated. Unfortunately, I have not run them in harsh conditions yet. So I don’t have any feedback on changes to suspension rebound, travel, etc…
I pull a 28’ travel trailer and the stock ride was horrible. With the bags installed this truck pulls the trailer like a champ and the ride is comfortable…

slingshot60

Reaction score
I recently installed the 89413 Air Lift kit on my 2019 Raptor because I frequently tow a 6000 lb Tige' wake boat with tandem trailer as well as a 3000 lb 20' enclosed car hauler trailer with a 3200 lb Willys Wagon street rod inside.
Ordered that and a 74000EZ wireless compressor kit back in April--still waiting on the compressor kit... I also installed the Daystar Cradles to preserve suspension travel.
Observations? The airbags work awesome when towing--no squat, decreased sway and bounce. Turns the Raptor into a more than capable tow vehicle for moderate loads (up to the max rated tow weight). Only problem is when unloaded the Daystar Cradles seem to be in contact with the bags and minimally pre-load the suspension--makes the truck a little bouncy on uneven surfaces. Not terrible but noticeable. Have not decided whether to take the cradles off and install the supplied bottom mount that came with the Air Lift kit. That would likely take care of the pre-load issue as they are significantly thinner than the cradles but it would limit suspension travel...

flzrider

Reaction score
I recently installed the 89413 Air Lift kit on my 2019 Raptor because I frequently tow a 6000 lb Tige' wake boat with tandem trailer as well as a 3000 lb 20' enclosed car hauler trailer with a 3200 lb Willys Wagon street rod inside.
Ordered that and a 74000EZ wireless compressor kit back in April--still waiting on the compressor kit... I also installed the Daystar Cradles to preserve suspension travel.
Observations? The airbags work awesome when towing--no squat, decreased sway and bounce. Turns the Raptor into a more than capable tow vehicle for moderate loads (up to the max rated tow weight). Only problem is when unloaded the Daystar Cradles seem to be in contact with the bags and minimally pre-load the suspension--makes the truck a little bouncy on uneven surfaces. Not terrible but noticeable. Have not decided whether to take the cradles off and install the supplied bottom mount that came with the Air Lift kit. That would likely take care of the pre-load issue as they are significantly thinner than the cradles but it would limit suspension travel...

Interesting. I hadn’t heard of the daystar cradles until now. Definitely give us an update on your thoughts of the with/without cradles if you decide to remove them.

I just installed the 89413 kit on my Raptor but haven’t driven it enough to form any opinions on ride difference.

Are we all certain that the bags would limit downward travel of the rear axle? Or is it possible they actually elongate enough to not limit it?

By the way, anyone know why Airlift recommends the 5psi minimum air bag pressure if there is an internal bump stop that would prevent the bag from being crushed at max travel?