Airhorn gen2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Southocplumber

Reaction score
Has anyone installed an Airhorn on their gen2? I have the retrax bed cover and thought I could mount compressor under the bed cover container and also use it as a regular compressor but where would you place the horn setup? I have an add stealth fighter bumper

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
with the bolt on bumpers you can mount it behind the skid plate. probably will need to make a bracket or weld one on the the bumper, but i have a bolt on bumper and mounted mine there. i had jason at lex motorsports build my bumper and in the process made a mount for my flir camera and train horn. it fits, will take some work for you though since the bumper was made without those specific mounts

ColoradoBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My air tank and compressor and spare are in the bed. Horns are where the spare used to be.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
You have to watch where you put the horns. If you put the horns in the wrong place, they get dirty and are very hard to clean. Right @Oldfart ?

I’ve seen some videos / pics of guys running the horn blasters set up with undercarriage mounted trumpets and they collect water, road salt, debris, snow, you name it. Plus I’d be concerned about how off road worthy that setup would be and that’s what’s kept me from the train horn setup so far.

If I could have design input I think I’d go for front mount trumpets at the skid plate. Would probably need a 2nd plate to secure the trumpets but so what? Now, I’d like an undercarriage air tank for the setup but again I’m concerned about how much of a beating that would be able to take.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You have to watch where you put the horns. If you put the horns in the wrong place, they get dirty and are very hard to clean. Right @Oldfart ?

I’ve seen some videos / pics of guys running the horn blasters set up with undercarriage mounted trumpets and they collect water, road salt, debris, snow, you name it. Plus I’d be concerned about how off road worthy that setup would be and that’s what’s kept me from the train horn setup so far.

If I could have design input I think I’d go for front mount trumpets at the skid plate. Would probably need a 2nd plate to secure the trumpets but so what? Now, I’d like an undercarriage air tank for the setup but again I’m concerned about how much of a beating that would be able to take.
Very true! Some of the horns even get stained and it's very difficult to remove!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Very true! Some of the horns even get stained and it's very difficult to remove!
Yikes. You can’t have stained horns, so in that case you would definitely need to polish your horns. There’s probably some cream that would help rub that stain right out.