Airbags?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

byz250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
https://www.airliftcompany.com/shop/60927/

Not mine but guy on FB gen 3 group used these
I have been running this setup all summer with my Gen 3 towing our TT...works good...but Airlift is about 2 months out from a production air bag setup for Gen 3 raptors that will not lose off road capability. I have been working with them on this design. Going to be awesome. Stay tuned.

OP
OP
I

Idaho Savage

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been running this setup all summer with my Gen 3 towing our TT...works good...but Airlift is about 2 months out from a production air bag setup for Gen 3 raptors that will not lose off road capability. I have been working with them on this design. Going to be awesome. Stay tuned.
Awesome. Thank you.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Life is about compromises, getting to drive a raptor and having to add airbags seems like a minor compromise to me. Granted, if you send it on the regular, you'll probably trash a bag now and then.

Gen 3 brakes are much better than previous. I don't know what changes they made or if my Gen 2 was messed up from new, but it's night and day. No reason you shouldn't be able to haul to max rating and a little over and be safe.

OP
OP
I

Idaho Savage

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I spoke to airlift today. Sounds like they're looking for a truck to test fit the product which means between that and production, I'd have to guess we're a ways out.

But...glad someone is making these for our rigs.

blue22raptor

Reaction score
I had the air lift inside coil bags with the small onboard compressor on a previous truck (Ram 1500). They worked great! Kept them aired down for daily commuting, then just aired them up, right before a load of lumber was dropped into the bed or a trailer was hooked up.
I would get them for my Gen 3. I tow a trailer from time to time. Sometimes at night. You will blind every driver from a mile away, if you tow ANYTHING at night with these trucks!
That said, they will give a slightly stiffer ride, even aired down to, say, 5 psi. These trucks are so soft, tho, I’m not sure how much you will even notice.

AZxp

Reaction score
Air lift says they're still waiting for gen 3 test truck. Somebody near lancing, MI needs to get over there

dthiss

Reaction score
Air lift says they're still waiting for gen 3 test truck. Somebody near lancing, MI needs to get over there
I’m in illinois they can use my truck., even though I already bought a universal kit.

dthiss

Reaction score
How is the universal working for the gen 3?
I’ve not yet installed it, just received yesterday. Only $110 from Amazon. No intention to tow anytime in the near future, due to its ****** weather. Had a credit so just got it. I’m going to change the flexible hose to stainless tubing, so I need to order tube and fittings before I install the kit.

slater

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ugh 5.5 hours from Lansing. Willing donor but I would assume they need the truck on the regular to test not gonna fly.