Airbags?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clemsondds

Reaction score
Good thread! I'm towing a boat so can't use a normal weight distribution setup like you travel trailer guys use. Looking at the air lift 1000 system. Does this system boost your payload capacity? Or is the only function to reduce squat?

dfw62

Reaction score
Good thread! I'm towing a boat so can't use a normal weight distribution setup like you travel trailer guys use. Looking at the air lift 1000 system. Does this system boost your payload capacity? Or is the only function to reduce squat?
The Air Lift 1000 system does not increase your payload rating. It does a great job at reducing squat and firming up the rear when towing.

Caljae1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got back from towing my 8 1/2' x 20' trailer with a 3000lb car inside (400 mile round trip). Total weight is around 6500lbs.
I'm using a Equalizer WD hitch with this setup and the airbags when I took this picture were at 20psi.
Took some measurements and had 1/2" of squat in the rear with 30psi in the airbags.
Towed amazingly, not sway or seesawing, plenty of power to get going.
Averaged 9.8mpg
View attachment 421982
Quick random install question. Did you have to remove your rear coils to get the raptor specific bottom spacer installed? My kit just arrived with an instruction sheet that’s completely different than the video on the website. The appeal of this kit was the relative ease of install, pulling the coils would not be a quick job for me….

j1nino

Reaction score
No need to remove the coil, just jack the truck up to the point the tire is just off the ground. You can squeeze the spacer and the airbag in between the coils.

gto19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought this kit . Where are you guys installing the air valves. I’m going to use one for each air bag

Thanks

dfw62

Reaction score
I just bought this kit . Where are you guys installing the air valves. I’m going to use one for each air bag

Thanks
I use a single fill valve for both bags. Made up a simple little bracket that I located to the left of the left rear tow hook. Held in place with existing bolt. Since I want both bags to be at equal pressure saw no need for two fill valves. If two fill valves are desired this could be duplicated on the right side.

Attachments

• Raptor Air bag Fill.jpg
    Raptor Air bag Fill.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 15