Airbags on a Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Edbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not just new here but do not actually even have a Raptor yet, so please forgive stupid or blasphemous questions. I just spent some time driving the newer Ram with airbags and was pretty impressed.
:biggrin:

I do not plan to tow much of anything with my raptor, maybe ever, but I know the soft suspension is not ideal for towing. The solid axle will suffer some wrap on heavy loads and is intolerant to bumps and potholes (my current ride has dual solid axles, so even a slow speed bump can upset it) and the dampening is not even ideal for freeway cruising.

Has anyone put bags on their rides? Seems like you could air them all the way down when offroading and just use them as a leveler if you have a high tongue weight, or put a little in all four corners to quiet and smooth cruise down a little.

Then again I could see them causing issues for anything serious in the offroad arena too.

OP
OP
Edbert

Edbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My thought was that city/highway behavior could be improved with only minor impact in the offroad department. If it is a stupid idea you can say so. HA!

tmd11111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If solid axles bother you so much and you feel the need for airbags maybe you’d be better off with a Dodge Ram

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Had them on my Gen 1 for towing only. 15 min on or out. Modify for quick on and off, no airlines, valves right on the bag, 3 bolts on each bag.

Not for off Rd. Towing only.

OP
OP
Edbert

Edbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a consensus, guess I was getting concerned since bad highway ride and poor bump handling on city roads are common dings when reading reviews.

Not sure what I'm worried about, my current ride has 95" wheelbase and two solid axles, pretty much guaranteed to make the Raptor feel like a caddy at first.

FINRPTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My trailer is 9500 lbs. loaded. I just use weight distribution bars, ya it sags a little but it rides and handles just fine, all the way up to 85 mph. I won’t go faster than that, even though I know I could.

I would experience it towing, determine what if anything needs changing then ask for advice.