Airbag light on - how to fix?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm going to call and set up an appt today. I'm irritated to have something wrong on a 1 yr old truck. Guess I better put my stock tune back on just in case. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
You'd hate to see how much stuff I've had fixed under warranty, then! LOL

What they usually do, is diagnose the issue and if there's no parts on hand, let you take your truck back until the parts show up... then fix it within a few hours once parts are there. Unless they deem the issue "undrivable", then you could get one right away. Being the airbag isn't working, that TO ME, could be a serious safety issue!

OP
OP
DrippinRaptor

DrippinRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My SCT tuner shows no codes when I try to read it. And the light comes on for a moment, goes off for a second, then comes on solid. So there's no blinking pattern to try and figure out the code.

I called the dealer and they said to bring it in today anytime and they will scan it. If its covered under warranty I will get a loaner.

OP
OP
DrippinRaptor

DrippinRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Flashed back to stock, airbag light was still on solid. Noticed the Passenger Airbag OFF light was not lit up. Dealer gave me a 2013 F150 base screw 2 wd. Going to call me when they have an idea. Hopefully today.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What Kaiser said, your sct won't scan the airbag system. Dealer should figure it out fairly fast. Most air bag problems are pretty straight forward to repair.