Airbag light on - how to fix?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DrippinRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As of this morning, my 2012 is showing the airbag light on the dash constantly lit, no flashing at all. I tried hooking and unhooking seatbelts, restarted numerous times, tried to check for a code with my SCT. Nothing.

How do I fix this? Is this a dealer only thing? Is it safe to drive with the airbag light on?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had the same issue with mine..

What I noticed if the passenger seat was all the way back it would come on.. I checked all the connections under the seat, and there is one the wraps around the front and hoes to seatbelt latch. It was tight when the seat is in rearward position. I removed a couple of clips and used zip ties so it was looser in rearward position and the issue has not returned.

-Greg (aka squatting dog)

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
make sure to disconnect your battery when working with airbag plugs.
Why bother? What's the WORST that could happen???

airbag-fail-o.gif

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just had my truck in for service on my airbag "OFF" warning light... the one that's next to the hazard button. Some sort of reset was required, no parts were exchanged.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just had my truck in for service on my airbag "OFF" warning light... the one that's next to the hazard button. Some sort of reset was required, no parts were exchanged.

It can be that also the OCS (occupant classification sensor/system) needs to be reset/recalibrated. The pressure sensor under the seat is out of range causing the system to think there is a person or object in the seat. So the system will turn off the supplementary restraint system.

-Greg (aka squatting dog)