Air recirculation turning off?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YFZero

Reaction score
Does anyone else have issues with the air recirculation button turning itself off after 3-5 minutes of it being on? I've tried different vent combinations (defrost, footwell, etc) and they all seem to end up with recirc disabling itself. Is this a known issue?

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Check your OM but I believe it does turn off after a set time. Gets fresh air into the cabin.

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else have issues with the air recirculation button turning itself off after 3-5 minutes of it being on? I've tried different vent combinations (defrost, footwell, etc) and they all seem to end up with recirc disabling itself. Is this a known issue?
It's not an issue, it automatically does that so that the air doesn't get stale.

Luminarida

Reaction score
Yes, I noticed it also on a road trip. It would switch back every few minutes and it was very annoying. Wonder if there is a way to turn this feature off with the dealer.

WTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That drives me bonkers! It’s not like these trucks are hermetically sealed there is plenty of fresh air that makes its way in on recirc mode.

I’d love to know the forscan change on that setting.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't know about a forscan, but on the Gen 2's if you use the "max" button the recirculate stays on as if it were still built in AMERICA where unlike the masses (I guess), I'm not too stupid to address window fogging. Sorry STONG feelings on that subject... fvckin' Mercedes is worse as there is no work around on my wife's 2022. Does the Gen 3 exclude the "max"?

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW... made it from here to Santa Fe and back (about 700 miles one way) with the Max on th ewhole way and no "fresh" air. Clean windows didn't fog, wheels didn't fall off, and pretty sure the Wife, dog, and self all have the same amount of brain damaged we started with. Crazy, right?

dfw186

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I turn on AC the circulation seems stay on, not 100 sure. I haven’t gone into summer yet since delivery