Air Raid or Other Intake Suggestions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FAMARO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed a Volant Intake system. At 1200 to 1800 rpms ; when at highway cruise speeds and not when under full acceleration, I had a very bad "drone". The drone was not from the exhaust, it was from the intake. It was annoying, so much so I removed the Volant and went back to the stock box with a K&N. I understand that with the factory silencers removed I may have a little more noise, but I want to assure if I go with another type such as an Air Raid . AFE or one from 5 star, I dont have the same experience.

So, here are my questions:
> What system do you have?
> Do you hear drone or excessive noise under normal driving?
> Did you notice any gains in MPG or HP?

Thanks

Last edited:

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just installed the Airraid and i only hear it at WOT. And sometimes when i start the truck it will give a hearty grunt (Which i think is cool), but otherwise the truck sounds stock while driving normally. Couldn't be happier.

OP
OP
FAMARO

FAMARO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed the Airraid and i only hear it at WOT. And sometimes when i start the truck it will give a hearty grunt (Which i think is cool), but otherwise the truck sounds stock while driving normally. Couldn't be happier.

Thanks, do you have a tune or is it stock? What is your part number?