Air Intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shaptalk

Reaction score
Hi -

I'm two weeks into my Gen 3 ownership and was wondering what the thoughts are on adding a higher end cold air intake. Are ther any negative effects? Will it improve the sound (deeper pitch)? Does it improve speed?

Thanks.

Jeremy

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi -

I'm two weeks into my Gen 3 ownership and was wondering what the thoughts are on adding a higher end cold air intake. Are ther any negative effects? Will it improve the sound (deeper pitch)? Does it improve speed?

Thanks.

Jeremy
It will help sound, no negative effects, but no power gains.

nate_13

Reaction score
im running an AFE open box CAI, sounds great and does very well even on my 20mile trek into my ranch on nothing but dirt roads through the desert.

Venom_Raptor

Reaction score
Have a S&B cold air intake in my Gen 3, gives the turbos a nice spool sound when you give it some heavy gas, much more noticeable then stock. No negative side affects, and no noticeable power gains.

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I understand most are against an intake from the power gain perspective. What about filtering ability? Is there a benefit to something like the Volant with a power core filter? Any shortcomings with the stock setup with regularly changed filters? I’m assuming from the engine warranty side the stock is the way to go? This is all for regular off-road use.