Air Conditioning - not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BadWRP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My thoughts are why would you turn the heated seats on while the AC is on?
I didn't do it on purpose. I noticed this during the last few mornings when I remote start the truck. The heated seats & steering wheel turn on and the a/c button is left on and the temperature remains at the previous set value.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I didn't do it on purpose. I noticed this during the last few mornings when I remote start the truck. The heated seats & steering wheel turn on and the a/c button is left on and the temperature remains at the previous set value.
Yep, it’s got a mind of its own. Heated or cooled seats randomly on when starting the truck.

On Porsches I’ve owned and own you can turn the heated and cooled feature on seats at same time. It’s a good feature if you get in after jogging, etc with damp pants. Acts like a warm blow(job)dryer.

tdford6

Reaction score
Check your remote-start settings. Two setting I believe. 1)auto, or 2)last setting.

I personally always do Auto so that it either heats or cools depending on the current weather. I've never used Last Setting, which might be messing with things.

Spooky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone else experiencing any issues with their AC in their Gen 3? A couple times now I've been driving around and the AC is on but nothing seems to be coming out of the vents. I'll have the fan speed turned all the way up to 7 and can hear a blower/fan in the dash that sounds like it's working, but literally little to no air is coming out of the vents. This has happened randomly to me a few times now. Then after I turn off the vehicle and let it sit for a little while (call it an hour plus) the AC will work again like nothing was wrong. I took it to the dealer a week ago for oil change service and had them scan the AC for codes / check freon levels, but everything came back clean and they said nothing was wrong. Said to keep an eye on it and if the problem keeps coming back they'd have to remove the dash to do a more in depth diagnosis. Obviously, don't want to have them rip out the dash if that's not needed.
This happened to me.....I read the manual and saw that there's a damn button that changes between vent, floor and defrost. I had previously selected Max Defrost and the other vents didn't automatically turn back on once I was done with it.

tdford6

Reaction score
Im going to take that TSB to my dealer on my '18 Expy.... cause they made me pay for refrigerant to fix mine. Couldn't ever find a leak. I'm guessing the malfunction of high pressure released some out on mine.
*Update
Dealer replaced the evaporator and sensor. Said sensor was being erratic. Just put a 1,600 mile trip to Phoenix and AC worked flawlessly.

flyflyguy8617

Reaction score
Happened once in my 22. Fan turned up to full sounded normal but it was like something was blocking the vents. Turned the truck off waited 30 minutes started back up and nothing wrong.

brysgarage

Reaction score
This same issue is happening to me. 2023 with a little over 2k miles on it. Sometimes the air blows strong out of all vents. Sometimes it’s weak and the drivers side vent is much weaker than the middle. And sometimes it feels like there’s no air flow what so ever even on speed 7 even though I can hear the fan kicked all the way up.

Cycling through the air flow modes doesn’t fix it.
Turning the hvac off and back on doesn’t fix it.
Cycling auto mode doesn’t fix it.

Only thing that fixes it is turning the truck off and letting it sit for a bit.

The quality in these gen3’s is embarrassingly awful. I had 2 previous gen2’s that were flawless. :(

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine has always been weak compared to how I'd think an F-150 should be. I always have mine set on 62/Auto and it's barely enough to cool the truck. I use MAX A/C for a good 30 minutes before I turn it off and go back to 62. My Mustang is literally like sitting in a fridge. I'm assembling a list of things for the dealer to check out during my next visit:

A/C Issues
Stereo Pops
Front Shock Rattle
...next

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine has always been weak compared to how I'd think an F-150 should be. I always have mine set on 62/Auto and it's barely enough to cool the truck. I use MAX A/C for a good 30 minutes before I turn it off and go back to 62. My Mustang is literally like sitting in a fridge. I'm assembling a list of things for the dealer to check out during my next visit:

A/C Issues
Stereo Pops
Front Shock Rattle
...next
Reminds me of way back in the early 80s, buddy of mine used to pick me up in his Honda Accord on way to work. I swear, the AC would give you an ice headache.