Air Conditioning - not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Travis Dean

Reaction score
Same thing has happened to me twice. A/C works great and then stops. Can feel very little cold air coming out. First time happened a month ago and happened again today. Last time all it took was to cut the truck off for 30 minutes and it’s been great up until today. Less than 2k miles on the truck.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
not that it helps any and I’m not “rubbing it in,” but my 22 with almost 7k miles has never done that. There are times I will push up on fan speed button as the auto doesn’t seem to be enough to cool quickly if it’s very hot, but I then go back to auto. This is the first vehicle out of over 40 I’ve owned that I’ve ever seen 3 levels of auto.

Last edited:

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only thing I’m experiencing is the left vent doesn’t seem to blow as hard as the other vents. Starting to get annoyed with it

TX-RAP70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only thing I’m experiencing is the left vent doesn’t seem to blow as hard as the other vents. Starting to get annoyed with it
yeah I noticed that when I got mine a week ago. Like I try to adjust my head more towards the right side vent of the steering wheel lol

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah I noticed that when I got mine a week ago. Like I try to adjust my head more towards the right side vent of the steering wheel lol
Here in AZ it’s hot AF. I’m noticing that whole corner of the truck gets warm. And don’t get me started on the rear seat vents….

RaptorND

Reaction score
At the dealer now. Ac went out on way to have it checked. They can’t replicate it. Has only happened twice

EMY92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2021 is going to the dealer on the 11th for the same issue. Randomly happens and fixes itself after shutting the truck off. Pretty annoying in TN when it’s 98 outside
What did the dealer find? I've got an appointment for the end of the month, but I'd like to be able to point them in the right direction instead of the dealer keeping it for 3 or 4 days, then tell me they can't replicate. Of course they can't replicate it, it's happened twice in 6 months. The odds of it happening while they have it are not good.

DMays

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What did the dealer find? I've got an appointment for the end of the month, but I'd like to be able to point them in the right direction instead of the dealer keeping it for 3 or 4 days, then tell me they can't replicate. Of course they can't replicate it, it's happened twice in 6 months. The odds of it happening while they have it are not good.
They couldn’t get the AC to mess up. I have been using the auto function and it hasn’t had any issues in a long time. I was hopeful that they could make it stop blowing but they weren’t able to. So long story short they didn’t find any issues.

Buster

Reaction score
I have a 2022 Tremor that has air conditioner problems. Between 20 and 55 minutes of driving time the blower and cooling will shut down. Had it in at the Ford dealership but they couldn’t find any problem with it. Of course it never happened while they were attempting to diagnose the problem.
I’m now going to drop it off once again at dealership for them to try to repair. They’ll be renting me a pickup truck while mine is at the dealership. This may help speed up their diagnosis as well as repair. I’m sure they don’t want to pay for a rental any longer than they have to.
Seems like this is an inherent problem with the F-150’s but Ford acts like this has never happened in any other Ford truck. Really?

EMY92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what I feared. I don't know if it's worth keeping my appointment. @Buster mine has only gone out twice. Once was after driving about 60 minutes, the other was after 90 minutes or so. I've got 4,000 miles on the truck now, so it happens every 2,000 miles or so. I can pretty well guarantee it won't happen for the dealer. I was hoping to find someone that was able to get it fixed so I could point the dealer in the right direction.