Air Conditioning - not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikewhiskeyniner

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The A/C in the Gen 3 is faulty. Ford is aware. Take it to your Ford Service. Mine only had 400 miles when it went out. Bad evap coil. This IS NOT a permanent fix. Was told by FORD Service that this will malfunction again.

tdford6

Reaction score
Im going to take that TSB to my dealer on my '18 Expy.... cause they made me pay for refrigerant to fix mine. Couldn't ever find a leak. I'm guessing the malfunction of high pressure released some out on mine.

Buster

Reaction score
That's what I feared. I don't know if it's worth keeping my appointment. @Buster mine has only gone out twice. Once was after driving about 60 minutes, the other was after 90 minutes or so. I've got 4,000 miles on the truck now, so it happens every 2,000 miles or so. I can pretty well guarantee it won't happen for the dealer. I was hoping to find someone that was able to get it fixed so I could point the dealer in the right direction.
Just got my truck back from dealership after 3 days. They gave me a rental vehicle for that time. They, once again, couldn’t find a problem with the trucks ac. They gave it back to me after 3 days with no solution. Then, I get in truck and radio doesn’t work. On top of that there is crackling (like machine gun fire) coming out of the speakers at full volume. Can’t turn the volume down. Guess dealership didn’t check to make sure they hooked things up correctly when they were done ripping dashboard apart and trying to diagnose ac problem.
What are peoples thoughts on getting rid of my truck and buying a Chevy?

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I say do it! I hear there are some pretty cool guys on the Chevy forum. It was fun while it lasted, right.

EMY92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got my truck back from dealership after 3 days. They gave me a rental vehicle for that time. They, once again, couldn’t find a problem with the trucks ac. They gave it back to me after 3 days with no solution. Then, I get in truck and radio doesn’t work. On top of that there is crackling (like machine gun fire) coming out of the speakers at full volume. Can’t turn the volume down. Guess dealership didn’t check to make sure they hooked things up correctly when they were done ripping dashboard apart and trying to diagnose ac problem.
What are peoples thoughts on getting rid of my truck and buying a Chevy?
Give the dealer this TSB, it's easy to check and honestly, since this has been an issue for 7 years across many Ford vehicles, they should have had a decent guess on what it is.

https://dot.report/bulletins/10209031

EMY92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the word on my truck today. The issue is what is covered by the TSB. I did give a printed copy of the TSB to the dealer when I dropped it off.