Air Conditioning Issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ando9000

Reaction score
Similar problem for me. Gen 3 with 3500 miles now. Only happens on long drives for me. The fan will decrease significantly and eventually only blow warm air. If I turn off the A/C and only use the fan, it usually ramps back up but only warm air. Usually within 30 min it kicks back in if I leave the AC on. Taking it in at the end of the month but I don’t think they’ll be able to reproduce the issue. Hoping they can find something. Any ideas?

mikewhiskeyniner

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Similar problem for me. Gen 3 with 3500 miles now. Only happens on long drives for me. The fan will decrease significantly and eventually only blow warm air. If I turn off the A/C and only use the fan, it usually ramps back up but only warm air. Usually within 30 min it kicks back in if I leave the AC on. Taking it in at the end of the month but I don’t think they’ll be able to reproduce the issue. Hoping they can find something. Any ideas?
Bulletin out on this. your problem is the sensor is biased. this is consistent across all F150s as of late. Dealers know about the issue. if your dealer says "nothing is wrong" or "Ford says nothing is wrong" then find a new dealer

Ando9000

Reaction score
Bulletin out on this. your problem is the sensor is biased. this is consistent across all F150s as of late. Dealers know about the issue. if your dealer says "nothing is wrong" or "Ford says nothing is wrong" then find a new dealer
Thanks, is this where they need to remove the dash? I’m glad to know it’s at least something they know about.

DFWRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The A/C in the Gen 3 is faulty. Ford is aware. Take it to your Ford Service. Mine only had 400 miles when it went out. Bad evap coil. This IS NOT a permanent fix. Was told by FORD Service that this will malfunction again.
Confused man - they replaced my coil. How is this not a permanent fix? Doesn't compute...

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The A/C in the Gen 3 is faulty. Ford is aware. Take it to your Ford Service. Mine only had 400 miles when it went out. Bad evap coil. This IS NOT a permanent fix. Was told by FORD Service that this will malfunction again.
Please do not spread misinformation; that sounds like something a service writer would say, and they’re about the worst source for information you can get. The A/C in the Gen 3 is not “faulty”, nor is the evaporator. The service message does not state anything about there not being a permanent fix or that there are repeat issues, it simply informs the the tech that the Workshop Manual has been updated with additional diagnostics. It is not Gen 3 specific either; the service message includes 2015-2022 F-150/Expedition/Navigator models. If the Evap temp sensor is found to be biased, the climate control assembly requires replacement.