Air Conditioning Issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TurboM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After driving around at very low speeds (<15mph) this evening for about 45 minutes (took the family to look at Christmas lights) I turned the A/C on because it started to rain and I had to roll the windows up and the A/C would not blow cold at all. The cooled seats felt like they were working but the air coming through the vents was clearly just outside air. I then proceeded to drive home which included speeds up to about 70mph on the interstate and after getting off the exit 15 minutes later I turned the A/C on again and it worked.

Took delivery 2 days ago and it only has a little over 100 miles on it. Anyone else ever experience anything like this?

Last edited:

WTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depending on ambient temperature and the temperature you have your climate control set, the a/c compressor does not always come on if you have had the system completely off.

My truck has done that a couple of times after I had manually turned the system off.

Under 100 miles total? I would say you don’t have everything figured out on the truck yet.

OP
OP
T

TurboM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depending on ambient temperature and the temperature you have your climate control set, the a/c compressor does not always come on if you have had the system completely off.

My truck has done that a couple of times after I had manually turned the system off.

Under 100 miles total? I would say you don’t have everything figured out on the truck yet.
Thanks for your reply but we were sweating and the windows were fogging up badly. I don't think it was user error. Outside temp was in the low 60's and humid.

I agree that I don't have everything figured out yet but the climate control doesn't have much of a learning curve as it is only controlled through the physical dash buttons/switches.

WTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree not hard to figure out. Same thing happened to me a couple time. I assume the outside temp and inside climate control setting were very close to the same so only the fan came on. I don’t understand why it does that but it’s happened on my truck before.

Dryan910

Reaction score
Does anybody know if there is a trick to get the vents in the back to blow air? Had the heat on full power this afternoon and nothing was coming out in the back.

mikewhiskeyniner

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The A/C in the Gen 3 is faulty. Ford is aware. Take it to your Ford Service. Mine only had 400 miles when it went out. Bad evap coil. This IS NOT a permanent fix. Was told by FORD Service that this will malfunction again.

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The A/C in the Gen 3 is faulty. Ford is aware. Take it to your Ford Service. Mine only had 400 miles when it went out. Bad evap coil. This IS NOT a permanent fix. Was told by FORD Service that this will malfunction again.
What the heck did they change from G2 to G3? I don’t believe G2 had any issues….