air compressor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
U

uaq69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh sorry u already answered that thanks a lot ,, is it safe to mount it under the rear seat

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
oh sorry u already answered that thanks a lot ,, is it safe to mount it under the rear seat
Sure, assuming you close the valves! Haha

CO2, unlike nitrogen, is in liquid form. If the bottle were to ever rupture for any reason such as a serious accident, etc... The process of transferring from a liquid to a gas (basically evaporation) consumes most of the energy of the actual release. The bottle does NOT turn into a missile, like air or nitrogen tanks will when punctured.

OP
OP
U

uaq69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i like the tank more but what the different between the tank and the compressor??

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

hhhhhhh thanks a lot blue sti

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i like the tank more but what the different between the tank and the compressor??

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

hhhhhhh thanks a lot blue sti
Compressors work well too... Just requires a bit more equipment for a good setup, can be very expensive for a decent compressor, and isn't quite as fast.

Regardless, it's a good idea to carry a cheap compressor anyway, in case your tank runs out or you have a leaky valve, etc.

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No! The reason CO2 works so well and has such a high capacity, is because it's in liquid form! As it evaporates to gas it expands dramatically... So one bottle full of liquid CO2 has about the same filling capacity as 5 bottles of air or nitrogen.

OP
OP
U

uaq69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
then i have to take all the air out of the tires and then feel it with co2??

KeithS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use an ExtremeAire Magnum portable compressor. It wasn't cheap, but is the fastest one I could find. 20-40psi in 60 seconds for the stock tires.
p1210017.jpg

All The Way

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks nice... just not the price.
The ExtremeAire Jr.12 volt Outback Portable is better in the price range but they say for 31's and under on tire size.