Air Compressor Installation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

figure1a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally, got around to installing my air compressor. I always do underneath the truck but there is pretty much no room underneath the Gen3 Raptor, except... between the chassis and the outside sheet metal (underneath the doors). If you haven't taken a look under there, I have never seen so much room between the rail and the outside of the truck. Just on the passenger side, I put my compressor and a 2 gallon tank, air dump and the "Shart" air horn from Hornblasters (I figure if I'm doing a compressor that I might as well add the horn).

Installation was a breeze. I tapped holes in the frame to mount all 4 components. Then I ran a line up to the bed for an air line hookup. Everything is mounted equal to or higher than the lowest part of the rail. The compressor is super dirty because it lived under my last truck for 6 years—they always say don't mount upside down or exposed to the elements but this thing has been through Moab, stream crossings, etc. with no issues. Even when I clean the air filter it is hardly ever really that dirty—I guess the secret is you don't fire it up while in the middle of a stream or doing donuts in Borrego.

Lay it out first on the floor and attach all the fittings (too much of pain to do upside once it's bolted to the truck.
air1.jpg

All underneath on the passenger side of the truck. All new fittings and hoses but the compressor, tank and horn I pulled from my last truck.
air2.jpg

Connection in the bed:
air3.jpg

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally, got around to installing my air compressor. I always do underneath the truck but there is pretty much no room underneath the Gen3 Raptor, except... between the chassis and the outside sheet metal (underneath the doors). If you haven't taken a look under there, I have never seen so much room between the rail and the outside of the truck. Just on the passenger side, I put my compressor and a 2 gallon tank, air dump and the "Shart" air horn from Hornblasters (I figure if I'm doing a compressor that I might as well add the horn).

Installation was a breeze. I tapped holes in the frame to mount all 4 components. Then I ran a line up to the bed for an air line hookup. Everything is mounted equal to or higher than the lowest part of the rail. The compressor is super dirty because it lived under my last truck for 6 years—they always say don't mount upside down or exposed to the elements but this thing has been through Moab, stream crossings, etc. with no issues. Even when I clean the air filter it is hardly ever really that dirty—I guess the secret is you don't fire it up while in the middle of a stream or doing donuts in Borrego.

Lay it out first on the floor and attach all the fittings (too much of pain to do upside once it's bolted to the truck.
View attachment 379242

All underneath on the passenger side of the truck. All new fittings and hoses but the compressor, tank and horn I pulled from my last truck.
View attachment 379243

Connection in the bed:
View attachment 379244
Very nice writeup.

Edit: That's hilarious I didn't read @Littlefx4 comment. We literally posted the same thing!