Air Bag Suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dave_g

Reaction score
Weight dist . Hitch. Easy. Works great, removes with trailer. No mods to truck.

tested my thousands of people on all types of trucks and cars.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Great advice fellas. Will look into the weight distribution hitch for sure. Thinking of upgrading to a G25 and just hoping not to have to get rid of the Raptor. I'm only 2 miles from the ramp so it isn't a long haul but want it to be safe and not mess up my truck or boat.
I think you're overthinking it. How heavy is this boat? If you aren't using a weight distribution hitch and you have a lot of sag, I think the hitch alone will solve it. If you want to go bigger, some deavers in the back. I don't think you need to deal with airbags or an annoying removable solution for what you're talking about.

Unless it's a really heavy boat.

OP
OP
crowmobe540

crowmobe540

Reaction score
Dry weight is 6400 lbs. The weight distribution hitch seems like a PitA to hook up every time the way it looks. I'm only 2 miles from the ramp so I may only use it when I take it further away. The Deavers seem like a good solution for every day stuff though.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dry weight is 6400 lbs. The weight distribution hitch seems like a PitA to hook up every time the way it looks. I'm only 2 miles from the ramp so I may only use it when I take it further away. The Deavers seem like a good solution for every day stuff though.
It's not too bad - but more than a normal hitch for sure. Probably takes me 2-3 minutes. It's the correct way to tow that weight though (in my mind I'm figuring 7,000 with fuel and misc whatever). Is that the boat weight or boat + trailer?

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That is just the boat weight. It is sitting on a triple axle trailer so who knows how much that weighs
Well, if you're towing it, you probably should know. I suspect you are really bumping up against max weight. You need to use a weight distributing hitch no matter what else you do. You get into an accident or something towing over the weight rating (truck is not rated for that weight without one) and you could have some serious legal woes. They way I see it, you don't have a choice here.

Michael Coburn

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Takes about 15 minutes. Its one bolt per side. Pretty easy just sucks having to crawl under the truck. But I only tow once or twice per summer so isn’t a big deal.