Air Bag Suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crowmobe540

Reaction score
Looking for feedback on whether anyone has installed airbags on the rear of the gen 2. I could search, but I need some posts so I can list my factory wheels and tires :).

I pull a 23' nautique and it sags a little while towing. Thinking about installing air bags but wondering what the pros and cons are and whether those with experience have a preferred brand.

thanks (1st post)

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There are a couple here that have added air bags. Not sure if that is the route I would go with. The best option for rear sag is going with Deavers. Will improve your towing/ hauling ability without sag. Also helps out with rear wheel hop.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This has been discussed many times, but as of yet I haven't seen an airbag setup that doesn't limit the Raptor's suspension - even the cradle version still limits the up travel.
Deavers help. There are adjustable bump stop solutions that can lower down to act as helper springs.

I assume you are using a proper weight distributing hitch setup?

Nickshu

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Michael Coburn

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tow my 2016 G23 on my 2019 with an etrailer weight distribution hitch and the Timbren bump stops in place of the factory stops. There is a little sag but seems to ride pretty smooth. I leveled the front so this doesn't help with the sag. Bad news is you only want to install the new bump stops when you're towing, otherwise it limits your rear travel too much and makes the ride bumpy. I'm looking at adding Deavers and new hydraulic bump stops as a more permanent solution. You'll want to make sure you always use a weight distribution hitch.

IMG_1461.jpg

JP77

Reaction score
I tow a travel trailer that is just shy of maximum towing and payload limits. With the load leveling hitch and the trailer properly loaded I have about a 1” sag compared to and empty bed. I highly recommend the load leveling hitch. I have never used a loade leveling hitch to haul a boat before. But after using one I won’t tow with the raptor without one.

OP
OP
crowmobe540

crowmobe540

Reaction score
Great advice fellas. Will look into the weight distribution hitch for sure. Thinking of upgrading to a G25 and just hoping not to have to get rid of the Raptor. I'm only 2 miles from the ramp so it isn't a long haul but want it to be safe and not mess up my truck or boat.

Solobaric

Reaction score
I tow my 2016 G23 on my 2019 with an etrailer weight distribution hitch and the Timbren bump stops in place of the factory stops. There is a little sag but seems to ride pretty smooth. I leveled the front so this doesn't help with the sag. Bad news is you only want to install the new bump stops when you're towing, otherwise it limits your rear travel too much and makes the ride bumpy. I'm looking at adding Deavers and new hydraulic bump stops as a more permanent solution. You'll want to make sure you always use a weight distribution hitch.

View attachment 130431

How hard/easy is the install/removal of the timbrens when not in use?