GEN 1 Air bag light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zainman

Reaction score
Issue, for the last 5 years I have had an intermittent air bag light come on. Been to the dealer numerous times and they replaced everything possible, clock spring, airbag, and what ever else is associated with this. Sometimes I wouldnt even make it out of the dealer parking lot and the light would come back on. So last year, just before my inspection is due, my warranty has long ran out and the light is on. Take it to the dealer and they tell me whatever it is, it is heat related. Service tech tells me it is the harness/connector, does a repair and said youre good to go, no charge. Perfect. NOT, lasted about 6 months. So I was doing a little self survey/documentation on this. During the Virginia summer months it comes on rather quickly, now with some cooler fall temps, sometimes I can make it all the way to base/work, about 70 miles and it might come on depending on the temp. Anyone else have this issue?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is it the same DTC every time? SRS systems are very sensitive to circuit and terminal issues, as the RCM constantly monitors the resistance of each component. Something as simple as poor pin fitment at a connector can change the resistance reading enough to put it out of spec. Do you have the DTC that is setting?

OP
OP
zainman

zainman

Reaction score
I plugged my scanner in and it shows no DTC's. But, by the time I got out of thhe truck to get to the scanner, airbag light was off