Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Ain't right when my truck is smarter than me!!

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by Oldfart, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Oldfart

Oldfart FRF Addict

I kind of forgot about it and had never used the keypad from when I set the code when I first brought it home. I just went out and played with it a few times to see if it worked right. I also saw a few days ago that the Ford Pass app has an easy unlock feature I had never used. Just hold the button on the app for a few seconds and it unlocked easily. At least now I have some options if I go brain dead in the future.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
  2. GordoJay

GordoJay Full Access Member

The code you set will go away if the battery dies or gets disconnected. Stupid, really, since nonvolatile memories are cheap. When I read that, I memorized the code in the back of the owners manual because that one won't go away.

3. GCATX

GCATX FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

"What good is the future, if each passing day is such a struggle?":)

I just put my fob in my pocket when I leave the house in the morning and throw it on the dresser when i go to bed.

It's weird, I have no keys attached to my fob anymore. I put an electronic lock on the front door of the house. It's actually very nice not getting poked in the leg by a wayward key when i sit down, or whatever.

Derail likes this.
  4. isis

isis FRF Addict

My house key is attached to my wallet. I don’t have anything on my car keys either.

5. Oldfart

Oldfart FRF Addict

When I was working on my stereo install I had my battery disconnected for 2 days. I disconnected it twice for a few hours since then while installing my pocket lights. When I went out and tried it tonight it still had the code I put in it when I first brought it home. Maybe they changed something on the '20's?

I'll have to remember to check in the future if I need to unhook the battery.

GordoJay likes this.
  6. GordoJay

GordoJay Full Access Member

Interesting. Maybe the manual is wrong.

7. LouK

LouK Member

If you like pulling the handle like me... simply put your hand on the front door to lock then give the rear door handle a pull. Only our front two doors have the lock/unlock sensors on them.

sixshooter_45 likes this.