Aggressive Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jspeers89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Falken Wildpeak At3W, best all around in wear, snow, wet, light mud, road noise, PRICE. Been through the BFG and Goodyear, hands down Falken wins

Which one would you say appears more aggressive looking falken or k02? Everytime I see a at3w it just looks wimpier than k02 but I haven't seen one on a raptor yet . Am I crazy?

500mag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Considering looking at buying some new shoes for the truck and wanted some opinions! Going to stick with 17s rim wise.

At the top of my list at the moment are Ridge Grapplers due to the reviews and I had a set of trail grapps on my old truck and loved them! I was browsing Facebook and came across an ad for Yokohama and saw these, they look like they were meant specifically for a pre-runner/outlander (Hints the name) style of vehicle and I love it. Curious if anyone out there has ran a set of Yokohama geolander M/T for a daily driver and how they felt about them!

If anyone else has a current recommendation on some aggressive/hybrid tire you are currently running, please feel free to show some pics and let me know how they are workin for ya!

Thanks all!

View attachment 122006
The Ridge Grappler is not an aggressive tire - it is a hybrid, and probably the least aggressive of the hybrids. I've had 2 sets of them, meh. Changed to the KM3s, superior in every way except road noise, which I don't care about. The Ridge Grapplers are quiet when new, but when worn make almost as much noise as new KM3s.

OP
OP
Leftsidej

Leftsidej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Ridge Grappler is not an aggressive tire - it is a hybrid, and probably the least aggressive of the hybrids. I've had 2 sets of them, meh. Changed to the KM3s, superior in every way except road noise, which I don't care about. The Ridge Grapplers are quiet when new, but when worn make almost as much noise as new KM3s.

How do the KM3s handle on pavement compared to the ridges?

500mag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not quite as smooth because of the deeper tread blocks at very slows speeds (under 20), but after that very smooth. Grip on pavement is amazing, better than the RG wet or dry.

Kyle@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Not quite as smooth because of the deeper tread blocks at very slows speeds (under 20), but after that very smooth. Grip on pavement is amazing, better than the RG wet or dry.

I’m looking at the KM3’s. How much more noise are we talking over the KO2’s? I had 35X12.5-17’s Nitto Trail Grappler M/T’s on my F-250 before this and didn’t think they were to loud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

500mag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m looking at the KM3’s. How much more noise are we talking over the KO2’s? I had 35X12.5-17’s Nitto Trail Grappler M/T’s on my F-250 before this and didn’t think they were to loud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
More than KO2s but not bad. If you thought the Nitto TG were OK, then you won't have a problem with the KM3s.

GLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to hear on the KM3s. I'm picking up my 37" KM3s this week and hope to have them mounted up next week. My stock KO2s have 22k on them, and are starting to hum on pavement. Not super loud, and doesn't bother me a bit, but I'll be interested to compare to the KM3s.

500mag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to hear on the KM3s. I'm picking up my 37" KM3s this week and hope to have them mounted up next week. My stock KO2s have 22k on them, and are starting to hum on pavement. Not super loud, and doesn't bother me a bit, but I'll be interested to compare to the KM3s.
I buried my 2014 Fx4 with 35 inch KO2s clear to the axles in the muddy hunting field, so no more ATs for me. I went through that same area a couple of weeks ago with zero wheelspin on KM3s.

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I buried my 2014 Fx4 with 35 inch KO2s clear to the axles in the muddy hunting field, so no more ATs for me. I went through that same area a couple of weeks ago with zero wheelspin on KM3s.

KO2s are not good for the gumbo mud here in the south....I'm in the lowcountry of SC and these tires load up (and stay loaded) way too easily.