Aggressive Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have to say, after shopping for a good all terrain tire it's extremely difficult to find a consensus on something as subjective as 'the best'. Everyone has their opinion on what 'the best' consists of. Some of the tires that come up came out nearly a decade ago. While that's not an instant downcheck as they are still good tires, the fact is there are more recent options available that meet or exceed the performance of previous generations of tires. Also, there are a significant number of good and excellent AT tires out there. Searching out one that is reasonably quiet on the road, has a decent speed rating and also performs well off road is made more frustrating by the fact that review sites either review one at a time or don't review the things I'm looking for. I am not looking to make this thing a pavement queen, at the same time, I would like reasonable off-road capabilities while still maintaining good street characteristics. Admittedly I'm new to the truck scene so maybe my expectations are a bit too high?
There isn't a best tire for everyone. Some of us put performance in snow near the top of our list and with you being in GA that may be the least of your worries.

Abrax01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I though
There isn't a best tire for everyone. Some of us put performance in snow near the top of our list and with you being in GA that may be the least of your worries.

I thought that too. Then the 2 rather large snow storms of Christmas '17 hit and I ended up using those KO2's to get out of an iced over driveway. Still have the stock wheels/tires too to be honest. Kinda wish I could sell those things.

Reaction score
I’ve had 20+ different A/T and M/T over the last 15 years. Usually always trying something new. I put Mickey Thompson’s Mtz on right when I got my new raptor, much louder than I wanted and too much steering wheel input. Took them off and installed a set of Duratracs. Much quieter and ride it seriously better. This is the second set of Duratracs I have run. But I am in Maine so winter performance is key without going full studded. I liked the ridge grappler on my last truck but they didn’t quite fit the bill for my Raptor, weight pretty much. Toyo A/T extremes are also a nice semi aggressive AT. Had cooper sttmax on my last truck as well. Those hold rocks like no tire I’ve ever had. I pretty partial to a 10 ply. North Maine woods roads are covered in shale pieces and slice about everything. Most of my miles are put on dirt/back roads every year hunting and guiding.

Abrax01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve had 20+ different A/T and M/T over the last 15 years. Usually always trying something new. I put Mickey Thompson’s Mtz on right when I got my new raptor, much louder than I wanted and too much steering wheel input. Took them off and installed a set of Duratracs. Much quieter and ride it seriously better. This is the second set of Duratracs I have run. But I am in Maine so winter performance is key without going full studded. I liked the ridge grappler on my last truck but they didn’t quite fit the bill for my Raptor, weight pretty much. Toyo A/T extremes are also a nice semi aggressive AT. Had cooper sttmax on my last truck as well. Those hold rocks like no tire I’ve ever had. I pretty partial to a 10 ply. North Maine woods roads are covered in shale pieces and slice about everything. Most of my miles are put on dirt/back roads every year hunting and guiding.

Duratracs have the same speed rating as the Ridge Grapplers which was a little low for me. The Toyo AT II's or the Terra Grappler G2 are two I was looking at as well the Mickey Thompson Deegan 38's but I've since ruled out the MT's.

Reaction score
I have had Toyo at II and the at II extreme. The extreme only comes in certain sizes. It has a touch deeper tread and noticeably better looks side wall. Both are mint.

Offsetz33

Reaction score
Also would like to hear some first hand reviews of the yokos. Love the look.

689A5060-Edit.jpg

DSC4865_400x.jpg

Jspeers89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was actually thinking of going with these or one of the other mickey thompsons. The ridge grapplers are great for off roading, no question, but their limitation is their speed rating. When I first got them I never thought I would get anywhere near 99mph..... now I have the cobb stage 2 tune and.... yeah.

How do you like the Cobb stage 2 time

MtopRaptor

Reaction score
Falken Wildpeak At3W, best all around in wear, snow, wet, light mud, road noise, PRICE. Been through the BFG and Goodyear, hands down Falken wins