Aftermarket Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gneissday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brother, thank you ...that site is fantastic. The search engine does not work right from an iPhone but works great with iPad or Windows PC. I will repost this link. With all the credit going to you. You saved me hours of searching.

No problem, Ashton! I thought it was a big help to see what's available. Then you can always shop around for the best price. If you find something you like, check with customwheels4U as many members on this forum have had good experiences with them and they have been very helpful with providing information to us. Good luck!

VortexTed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was a guy at KOH last week jumping with Methods. He posted some videos. There is only a 1/4" difference each way with the 9" at a +1.

I found the jumping Raptor you were talking about here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3s6BRCAKwA cool :)
Not sure...but it appears on the front the tires might have rubbed. From the comments it says he jumped higher on other jumps, but no video.

I'm tempted to be the ginny pig and go for the 17 x 9" +1 as I will be using my truck for off roading.... but no jumping...... unless someone feeds me to many beers while wheeling :)

How would it only be a 1/4" difference, shouldn't it be a 1/2" difference if those methods are 17 x 8.5" vs Fuel Beast 17 x 9" wheel?

Here is a picture of methods 17 x 8.5" 0 offset picture shows stock vs. method. (sorry for the small picture, this thread makes me resize to 800x600 for some reason.)

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

Thanks for posting. I think they look great. Is that a black matte powder coat?

Yes... SoakedinRed posted those pics a few pages back. He has not posted any pics installed on a Raptor yet. He might still be waiting on delivery.

Attachments

• Raptor Wheels stock vs 0 offset-resize copy.jpg
    Raptor Wheels stock vs 0 offset-resize copy.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 389
Last edited:

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I found the jumping Raptor you were talking about here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3s6BRCAKwA cool :)
Not sure...but it appears on the front the tires might have rubbed. From the comments it says he jumped higher on other jumps, but no video.

I'm tempted to be the ginny pig and go for the 17 x 9" +1 as I will be using my truck for off roading.... but no jumping...... unless someone feeds me to many beers while wheeling :).

Wheels straight on a jump you should be fine. The wider more aggressive offsets come more into play when you're going into a hard turn over uneven terrain. That's when you're most likely to hit the edge of the tire in the area of the pinch welds.

VortexTed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering how the truck would be behave is my off road spares are a different size.
For example I want the Fuel Beast 17 x 9 +1 but my stock OEM wheels are 17 x 8.5" +34 offset. If I kept my OEMS as off road spares and had to use one while wheeling, how will the truck behave and can I do any damage that way?

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

Wheels straight on a jump you should be fine. The wider more aggressive offsets come more into play when you're going into a hard turn over uneven terrain. That's when you're most likely to hit the edge of the tire in the area of the pinch welds.

Ok, good to know. I'll probably just play it safe and stick with the +20 even though they are less concave and not as cool looking as the +1. Can't have it all :)

JSTi07

Reaction score
Can someone with some Methods reassure me with my lug nut choice? I have some NVs and want to get some black lug nuts, but from some research I saw that the stock nuts are to wide and a narrow lug is needed for the methods..? Can anyone confirm or let me know what lugs they used?

I was looking at the Gorilla 61147BCX. (Also still awaiting the arrival of the truck so I can't test them myself)

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Can someone with some Methods reassure me with my lug nut choice? I have some NVs and want to get some black lug nuts, but from some research I saw that the stock nuts are to wide and a narrow lug is needed for the methods..? Can anyone confirm or let me know what lugs they used?

I was looking at the Gorilla 61147BCX. (Also still awaiting the arrival of the truck so I can't test them myself)

Those look like an OE style bulge which might be too big to fit Method's. And they're 13/16 hex. I'd get the ones at the top middle of this page.

Gorilla Automotive Products