Aftermarket vs OEM Bed Cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kojack19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any reason for the roll up vs the tri fold?
I like the back window visibility you retain with the roll up...Especially important if you ever have mountain bikes mounted on the back and lose the rear parking camera and park assist.

Reaction score
Just adding my 2 cents on bed covers as I've now owned several types. The retractable covers are great unless you live in winter weather area. Ice jams the tracks and makes them difficult to open if your truck is left out in the snow or freezing rain. I owned a Roll-N-Lock and loved it except in the Winter. You also lose a good bit of bed space with the box that holds the rolled up cover. Had it on my 2004 F150 but decided against another rolling/retractable cover so I went with the Bakflip G2 when I bought my 2014 FX4. It was great for a couple of years. Still had occasional issues with it freezing fast to the bed in the Winter (guess that's always going to be an issue in cold climates with any of them). The worst part about the Bakflip was that after a few years it become waterlogged and then took 2 people to open because it was so heavy.

When I bought my 2020 Raptor a couple of months ago, I splurged and bought a Diamondback SE. I did a good bit of research before buying it and even though it's probably the most expensive (other than the Diamondback HD), I felt it had the best looks and function for how I use the bed. It has one cover that opens from the back of the bed with hydraulic lifts and another cover that opens with hydraulic lifts from the cab with both hinging from the middle of the bed. Both covers can be easily removed without tool in about 2 mins leaving only a small center section across the middle of the bed. That center section takes more effort to remove and requires tools. I also got the aluminum toolbox that hangs across the bed rails but under the cover for extra storage without the need to have a gearbox in the back of my truck. And I got option tool/gear mounts which attach to the underside of either hinged cover. I was able to install myself in just a couple of hours which included adjusting the locks. So far no leaks and I think it's the best looking cover for a Raptor. You can also haul stuff on top of the cover up to 500lbs (the HD will hold much more) and secure with included tie-downs.diamondback-cover.jpg

Reaction score
Just order this...should be here in a few days.
I will update and share after it is on!