Aftermarket Tranny Dipstick

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
A friend of mine sent me this article which shows an aftermarket dipstick for our transmissions.

Performance Automatic 6R80 Trans-Pan Install - 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords Magazine

Looks like a good option to replace the OEM stubby dipstick.

Jegs, Summit and SDHQ have them:
http://store.sdhqoffroad.com/performanceautomaticlockingtransmissiondipsticksandfillertubes.aspx
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/pma-pa68404
Performance Automatic PA68404, Performance Automatic Transmission Dipsticks & Filler Tubes | Performance Automatic

Has anyone installed one of these?
@pirate air @SDHQ If the dipstick is pulled with the engine off, will fluid pour out? I assume that these already have the correct levels marked on them.

Last edited:

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I believe this was discussed in another thread. The top of the dipstick mounts to the firewall which is not the best solution as the engine/transmission flexes slightly when under operation. This flexing causes the dipstick to come lose at the transmission. I will post the thread if I find it.

D

Deleted member 12951

I believe this was discussed in another thread. The top of the dipstick mounts to the firewall which is not the best solution as the engine/transmission flexes slightly when under operation. This flexing causes the dipstick to come lose at the transmission. I will post the thread if I find it.

If you find a post about this and show up Mr. Kaiser who is actually Mr. Awesomeness for providing people his great searching capabilities, I am going to laugh my ass off. LOL.

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine sent me this article which shows an aftermarket dipstick for our transmissions.

Performance Automatic 6R80 Trans-Pan Install - 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords Magazine

Looks like a good option to replace the OEM stubby dipstick.

Jegs, Summit and SDHQ have them:
Performance Automatic Locking Transmission Dipsticks and Filler Tubes
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/pma-pa68404
Performance Automatic PA68404, Performance Automatic Transmission Dipsticks & Filler Tubes | Performance Automatic

Has anyone installed one of these?
@pirate air @SDHQ If the dipstick is pulled with the engine off, will fluid pour out? I assume that these already have the correct levels marked on them.[/QUOTE

Performance automatic wants to much money, 244.65 for the dipstick, and 260.23 for there pan, or there truck/suv pan and stick combo 510.01.
SDHQ WANTS 186.00 dipstick still crazy,

Im trying to find out the lenght of our trucks tube vs a mustang, if its a little shorter no biggie, I found a place to get the pan and dipstick for 279.95

gDMJoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Am considering the following ...
PAtransdipstick-raptor.jpg
As for the comments about flexing and/or removing the dipstick causing the fluid to leak .....
  • the tube is flexible stainless steel.
  • the tube in screwed-into the transmission housing.

str8fast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn I really liked having an excuse not to check my fluid outta sight outta mind hahahha som beach now I will have to invest in this and see how bad my fluid looks every time

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score