Aftermarket subwoofer install on Sony system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Damn. I was just taking some measurements and looking at the 10" sub wedge, I thought would be perfect. I have a tuffy box in the back. the sub would almost fit. its JL says its 19" long and right where the cup holder flare is on the side compartment of the door is 18 3/4" ish. could prob get it to fit with a hard door close, but not sure i want to do that. might have to build a custom box that is like 18" and maybe an inch taller on the sides or something to get the same air volume. too bad. thats a nice slick, easy setup

I'd say you'll have to build a custom box then. I had the underseat storage compartment and removed it once I got the Swing Cases. I like having the flat floor room in the back a lot.

Kemptemp4

Reaction score
There is basically nothing you can do with the stock Sony sub that will help it. It's a pile of crap and not properly driven.
Sorry, to clarify, I added a JL TW3 already with the ACM 1.300 amp.. I'm wondering if it makes any sense to flatten the Sony amp EQ curve via Forscan. This is because I'm pulling input signal from the front speakers which are affected by the default Sony EQ curve.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry, to clarify, I added a JL TW3 already with the ACM 1.300 amp.. I'm wondering if it makes any sense to flatten the Sony amp EQ curve via Forscan. This is because I'm pulling input signal from the front speakers which are affected by the default Sony EQ curve.

That makes a little more sense. lol That might be a better question for @The Car Stereo Company. I didn't do anything with it on my setup that still uses the Sony processor and pulling signal from the front speakers.

Kemptemp4

Reaction score
There have been a number of forum discussions, but here is what led me down the rabbit hole:

See MrPinks comments

Kemptemp4

Reaction score