Aftermarket subwoofer install on Sony system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hi Cody, can you post pictures of how you tapped into the front speaker wires as well as the fuse 38 connection. I am getting ready to install a similar setup in my 2012 SCREW and was just curious of the best wiring connection and location to tap into the front speakers.
As I stated above the truck is at the body shop/in storage, so I don't have it available for pictures. The speaker wires are tapped into at the interior connector near the driver and passenger kick panels. The fuse connection is done with a fuse tap.

scpete24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As I stated above the truck is at the body shop/in storage, so I don't have it available for pictures. The speaker wires are tapped into at the interior connector near the driver and passenger kick panels. The fuse connection is done with a fuse tap.

Is your truck back from the shop/storage and where you can post a couple pics how you mounted the amp/LC2i? Also curious how the wedge fits under the 40% seat...

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I may still make an aluminum plate that goes over it, but at the same time it's behind the back seat so it's not like it really matters, and it still looks pretty clean.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Also, here's a couple showing the fit against the seat. It's definitely tight and pokes out a bit, but it definitely hits hard when you want it to.

Attachments

• PXL_20220812_144934025.jpg
    PXL_20220812_144934025.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 31
  • PXL_20220812_144938375.jpg
    PXL_20220812_144938375.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 31
OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
At this point I feel like I can confidently say I'm very happy with the route I went. There's never a point I don't have enough bass, and it's very easily adjustable with the knob by the shifter. The amp and wiring all tucks extremely nicely behind the rear seat, and although the sub is a tight fit it does not intrude much more than the stock subwoofer did.

For anyone wanting a sub that's almost identical in sizing to the stock Sony subwoofer the JL 10" sub in the matching wedge box fits almost exactly under the seat after comparing the dimensions to the 12" setup that I have. Obviously you will give up some subwoofer output with the 10" though. I do not think the slight bit of extra space it takes up isn't worth it though, especially with how ****** the stock sub is!

The 12" JL sub and box paired with the NVX400 amp and Focal front and rear component speakers makes for a nice setup. I may eventually replace the stock Sony amp/sound processor, but to make the most of that I would most likely need to change the headunit from the PX6, which I absolutely love.

mpk1996

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn. I was just taking some measurements and looking at the 10" sub wedge, I thought would be perfect. I have a tuffy box in the back. the sub would almost fit. its JL says its 19" long and right where the cup holder flare is on the side compartment of the door is 18 3/4" ish. could prob get it to fit with a hard door close, but not sure i want to do that. might have to build a custom box that is like 18" and maybe an inch taller on the sides or something to get the same air volume. too bad. thats a nice slick, easy setup