Aftermarket Shock Maintenance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TDBrown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do aftermarket shocks require rebuild after an appropriate interval like the Fox shocks on my Gen 1? I'm at 100k miles and about to do the exchange program at Forged Offroad. But now I'm wondering if I buy 3.0 Fox or Kings whether I can stop worrying about rebuilding. I also have hope of someday going mid-travel and thought I might ease into it by buying better shocks now and transferring them to a mid-travel set-up should the time come. Thoughts? Advice?

Apologies for such a basic question.

Forged Offroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will still have to rebuild 3.0 shocks just like the OE 2.5 shocks. With these types of "performance" shocks it is a requirement. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

OP
OP
T

TDBrown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will still have to rebuild 3.0 shocks just like the OE 2.5 shocks. With these types of "performance" shocks it is a requirement. Please let us know if you have any other questions.
Thank you!! Do you offer an exchange program on all performance shocks? Or is that specific to the stock Raptor shocks? As a daily driver, I can't really afford to have my truck out of commission for a few weeks every time the shocks need rebuilding. If there's no exchange program on the 3.0 or 3.5 Fox, I'll probably just stick with stock and send them to you.

Thanks again for responding.

Forged Offroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you!! Do you offer an exchange program on all performance shocks? Or is that specific to the stock Raptor shocks? As a daily driver, I can't really afford to have my truck out of commission for a few weeks every time the shocks need rebuilding. If there's no exchange program on the 3.0 or 3.5 Fox, I'll probably just stick with stock and send them to you.

Thanks again for responding.
Unfortunately we do not as we need to have a core inventory of 3.0 factory race series shocks and that would be an expensive deal haha. We can turn shocks around in a quick manner but I understand where you are coming from. Let me know if you have any other questions or need anything.