GEN 1 Aftermarket rotors and pads?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PTeezy

Reaction score
In due time, i'm going have to replaced the rotors and pads. Any suggestion as far as brand names? I don't want to spend a lot of money for this replacement. This tuck is my DD. Also, anything I can replace or upgrade as far as the brake components? Thanks!

ezndo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been running EBC slotted rotors/green stuff pads, although I’ve heard the Red Stuff is now promoted as better for a DD. Did the SDHQ stainless Kevlar Braided brake lines too. This was back in 2012, no problems whatsoever.

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got a deal on some AutoZone Duralast GT line slotted and drilled rotors a while back. This was supposed to be a high end option from AutoZone that never really took off so they discontinued the line. There was still some availability on the parts leftover in the system when I got mine. Haven't installed them yet so I can't speak to performance but they look good....

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went with Powerstop Z36, drilled and slotted. Got the pads and rotors last Black Friday for under $400, I’m sure you could get something similar again this year.

Performance is maybe just slightly better than the OEMs I had. I did not replace lines with stainless yet though.