Aftermarket Retro 37's????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

heybear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know Ford usually does fit and measure session pre-launch with major aftermarket suppliers. Not sure if this happened with Raptor this go around.

The question is as above. Assuming many of these trucks will go out as 35 spec. How will the aftermarket make them compatible with 37s?

Make no mistake, there will be solutions. Some will be clean, some will be janky, but there will be solutions.

I'm not talking worrying storing a larger tire. I'm talking about what Ford did by shifting and limiting suspension travel so as to not put the large tires into the fenderwells.

Thoughts?

combatninja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
37 pack trucks have less suspension travel. This was announced when the 37 pack was shown. We all know there are minor tweaks and the 37 pack comes with different shocks with larger bodies and whatnot but I think at the end of the day this is simply coming down to a bumpstop and limiting travel. So I assume it has a slightly different bumpstop. Don't rule out the possibility that the truck might sit a fraction of an inch higher on its springs either. As to upward travel, Ford engineers only have to contend with an additional inch of tire so they may have set it a quarter inch higher or so.
Tons of Raptors have already gotten 37s over the years and this will just increase with the new generation offering it from the factory. The vast majority of those trucks never leave the pavement and even if they do, it is just to park by a lake to take a 'lifestyle' photo. That will also continue. The appetite to thrash an $80,000 truck is not there with most of the people that can afford one and those that would happily thrash one usually can't buy one. There is a tiny segment of people that will beat these things up. I have no doubt my brother will get one and jump it over a stream, like he did his TRX.

spizike9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
37 pack trucks have less suspension travel. This was announced when the 37 pack was shown. We all know there are minor tweaks and the 37 pack comes with different shocks with larger bodies and whatnot but I think at the end of the day this is simply coming down to a bumpstop and limiting travel. So I assume it has a slightly different bumpstop. Don't rule out the possibility that the truck might sit a fraction of an inch higher on its springs either. As to upward travel, Ford engineers only have to contend with an additional inch of tire so they may have set it a quarter inch higher or so.
Tons of Raptors have already gotten 37s over the years and this will just increase with the new generation offering it from the factory. The vast majority of those trucks never leave the pavement and even if they do, it is just to park by a lake to take a 'lifestyle' photo. That will also continue. The appetite to thrash an $80,000 truck is not there with most of the people that can afford one and those that would happily thrash one usually can't buy one. There is a tiny segment of people that will beat these things up. I have no doubt my brother will get one and jump it over a stream, like he did his TRX.

Your brother is Streetspeed717 isn’t he?! Lol

Raptor37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well said! I actually think the bodies of shocks are the same its just the shaft that that are a different diameter slightly. I agree that the bump stop is probably what they are using to limit the travel. It'll be interesting to see the aftermarket level kits and springs used to go from 35 to 37. I bet itll be an easy solution to do it cleanly.

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my prediction is it will take every bit of 6-7,000$ to convert a 35 to a 37 truck. So IMO you should just buy a 37 factory truck if you intended to go to 37 (cheapest option and factory warranty) just be prepared if you break anything suspension wise on 37’s with a 35 truck they will more than likely not warranty anything. Was told this by a fellow member who has close sources at ford corporate

Last edited:

combatninja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No one is going to 'convert' anything. They are going to maybe get a leveling kit and wheels and tires and be done. People have been doing it for years with Raptors. Not saying it is ideal. Not saying Ford would release it as such and back it with a warranty. Not saying it is going to be as capable in the end. But that is what the truck bros are going to do. Their first preference will probably be to find somebody with a 37 pack truck that is removing the factory wheels and tires because they want big 20" wheels or some such and buy their setup on the cheap.

Last edited: